Fan not spinning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check to make sure the proper connection is made between the fan and the motherboard.

look in your bios and see if it has any settings for it in there may have?if not see if you can hook it up to another power supply port,not the cpu one though lol.See if you can spin it a little and it will turn on it`s own after that ,fans are notorious for going out,I have replaced so many of them its not funny,if it has gone out you can get another mobo northbridge fan from your local pc shop usualy,if not you can order one from www.tigerdirect.com good place to get stuff from.

Well, I spun it by hand and it started spinning. So what does that mean? If it just stops spinning like that?

Boomer, there are no options for the North Bridge cooler, it is supposed to run at default on all Abit boards.

That is really wierd. Perhaps something stuck from settling!?

Check the status of the fan. It should be spinning at a minimum of 5700 RPM.

How do I check the status of that fan? The Abit EQ Utility only shows the stats for the Power Fan ( 4800 RPM) and the CPU Fan (4000 RPM) and the CHA Fan which says OFF.

Do you have uGuru?

In Abit EQ, look for the circle that says "NB". That is the fan mounted on your North Bridge. If it is not displayed, then enable it through the Options.

There is no option to enable that fan though Abit EQ. Also I uGuru does not supported by the NF7 series boards. I also tried installing the Hardware Doctor on the Abit site but it keeps saying "Load Device Driver Fail!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom