4850 overheating problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys,

as you all know ive bought a new graphics card but when i play a game for about 10-15 min it overheats and i have to restart my computer im running games on 1280 res and ive set the fan to automatic and it still keeps on overheating. is this normal what am i doing wrong?!?

Overheating? Do you know the temperature your getting before your card has to be shut down? What about airflow in the case? Have you tried running the tower for a few hours and seeing it's performance under regular load?

Don't set the fan on automatic, there are programs are there to set the fan speeds to whatever you want based on certain temperatures. Automatic tends to suck with ATI cards.

If increasing the fan speeds and maybe putting in a 120 mm in the case to maximize airflow doesn't work, then you have a problem.

i think its because ive got no case fans or exghaust fans???

do you think its bust coz it keeps crashing 10 min in a game and i have to restart pc

i think the temp is avg 64C

Get some case fans, without a doubt.

Get the latest drivers, and then manually set the fan speed to 80% or higher.

My 4850 runs at 675/1100 @80% fan speed@45C

i wouldnt wanna run the stock fan at much higher than 80%... at that point it starts sounding like a hair dryer too... i found 65% was enough with the stock fan (and relatively quiet), even with a modest OC... you might wanna use 80% during heavy gaming tho

Are you comfortable with flashing your bios? You can change the stock fan profile to something better...

Or just control it manually with CCC

ive put in my case 4 case fans and i have open the side panel and about 10 min in the game not even that it restarts itself?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom