*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

dang straight I got good temps. Maybe I will play with it more. I am just a broke as a joke and I use this to do all my homework. I think it is because I have so many dang fans I mean I got 9 including my gpu fan.

this cannot be correct, i know i dont have the fastest amd based time here.
error check plz, im not reading all 100+ pages!

zzzzzsuperp1.jpg

Owned by a X2 6400+ at stock settings!!!

When my ram comes in, I will avenge my old title. So I can gain back my burger king crown.

Owned by a X2 6400+ at stock settings!!!

When my ram comes in, I will avenge my old title. So I can gain back my burger king crown.

id overclock it, but im not good enough to attempt it because i cant afford to replace it lol.

wish i went intel ;(

btw, nobody has a phenom tested yet?

When it comes to real life performance. You don't really notice much performance difference between Intel and AMD. But when it comes to oveclocking, Intel at the top of their game.

When it comes to real life performance. You don't really notice much performance difference between Intel and AMD. But when it comes to oveclocking, Intel at the top of their game.

Maybe you haven't been looking at application benchmarks. Intel chips have been faster at games, encoding, content creation etc. It's just not abstract numbers that don't apply to the real world.

it must be vista hindering you from beating nos. Because your cpu is better.

it must be vista hindering you from beating nos. Because your cpu is better.

nos had a higher clock (and probably better tuned memory too... but i dunno what shady's is looking like), but yes thats on Vista... XP tends to be faster for pi

also, are you killing all unnecessary apps and processes whilst you run pi, shady?? this can take up to half a second off your time

Maybe you haven't been looking at application benchmarks. Intel chips have been faster at games, encoding, content creation etc. It's just not abstract numbers that don't apply to the real world.

hussein wasn't saying there isn't a difference, he was saying you don't notice much of a difference.

now we notice differences because we are enthusiasts or extremists

the average user does not notice this because they just want to get their work done.
i installed another xeon and 2 more gig of RAM on one of our app servers in the summer. i noticed a nice difference running the apps, the users didn't even realize and they use these apps on a daily basis.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom