Video card messed up my internet!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenThehRo

Solid State Member
Hello..here's the story.

I received my 700w power supply and EVGA Geforce 9800 GTX+ today. I hardware installed both without issue. I then installed the software for my video card and was asked to reboot..so I did. When I rebooted, I had all the new display features and all that..but I had no connection to the internet. So, I plugged up my cord..ha. But that didn't solve the problem.

My network connection had now changed to "Nvidia nForce networking controller." It read: Status: Connected and 100 mbps. But, I can't connect to the internet. I've tried Mozilla Firefox and Internet explorer. The computer in my other room is connecting just fine.

I've called tech support 4 times for the card and they have no idea. They said I shouldn't have even gotten ethernet drivers with a video card. To add to the problem, whenever I uninstall all the Nvidia drivers and reboot, the connection goes back to "Nvidia nForce networking controller."

I really don't know where to go from here..please help?

Use the other PC and get the Chipset drivers. Then transfer them to this PC and install them. See if that helps.

Alright..I have a Compaq Presario SR2013WM. So I'm guessing I want to try and download this one: Fall 2006 Original NVIDIA Chipset Drivers* ?

When I tried to do that one..I put it on the PC via CD and it ends up taking me to my device manager and telling me to right click something I don't have (sm bus or something?) and update it and choose no, not this time. Which is not a thing I saw for any of the ones I right click and chose to update.

You want the latest set of chipset drivers. Not the original ones.

It didn't work. I'm still stuck with a "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller" that's connected at 100mbps, but not actually allowing me to get to the internet. My sent is greater than my received.

Can you try doing a system restore to before you updated the video card drivers?

Then get the lastest video card drivers off nvidias site. making sure to get just video card drivers and not chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom