Finding The Product Key In XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sypher04

Solid State Member
I just recently bought a new computer. It was preloaded with Windows XP Pro OEM, but i was not given a disk.

I have been able to get a windows xp pro cd-rom, but i still need to get my product key

I have searched system files, the control panel and the registry and have had no such luck finding it.

Does anybody know where to find my windows xp product key?

Thanks for all the help!!

Sometimes manufecturers like SONY and HP make a recovery partion on your HD (which is stupid, what happens if HD crashes.) you can access it by pressing f10. BUt if you already installed OS my asumption is that you have deleted all of the partitions. than check you PC for a sticker with a key and install OEM version of Windows.

Find your product key in the registry here ...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\
CurrentVersion

In right pane, look for key by the name "ProductId". This is your Windows product key. :)

Use a great program Called... Aida32.. It also tells you EVERYTHING About your computer including product key

Call up the manufacturers and say "Where the fk did you guys put the damn key!?"

The last mom-pop manufactured computer I had came with an OEM OS installed, but no key was given. I called them up and said the above (more politely). The idiot replied "Oh...I didn't know you'd want it."

I then proceeded to come down so much that I got a $500 drop in the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom