Water Cool My Antec 900???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan1784

In Runtime
I am looking ahead after Christmas for when I have my Christmas money from the family I only see once a year and trying to figure out what to spend it on. I was thinking of some kind of upgrade to my computer but I just built it a few months back so instead of a component upgrade I was thinking possibly moving to water cooling.

I'd like to cool my cpu, nb, and two gpu's...

Here is the pic of the inside of my machine currently. Can anyone suggest a decent setup?

DSCF0004-8.jpg

watercooling the NB is probably unecessary unless you OC ALOT and saee really high temps... but everything else, WC will be great!

im no watercooling expert (for that you'll have to ask aspire) but i think this should work pretty well

CPU Block: Petra's Tech Shop
GPU Blocks: Petra's Tech Shop
Rad: Petra's Tech Shop
Pumo: Petra's Tech Shop
Tubing: a few metres of Petra's Tech Shop
Clamps: a bunch of these Petra's Tech Shop
Barbs: a bunch of these Petra's Tech Shop
T-Fitting: Petra's Tech Shop
Fillport: Petra's Tech Shop
BioCide: Petra's Tech Shop

you can swap the tubing around to get UV reactive effects out of the setup, but the composition of dyes makes them prone to coagulation, which just trashes your loop

yes the dtek fuzion is delicious.. it gave mea nice run

and dude... getting all tubing in that lil antec 900 is gonna be fun.. lol

Wow!!! I didn't realize that it would be that expensive... Is there anything that is a little less pricey???

oh yeah... you'll need some fans for that rad... boy do i look stupid now!

here's some -> Petra's Tech Shop

you wont need really high pressure fans for that rad, because its optimised for silent operation (read: low air flow)

but yeah man... watercooling gets expensive... thats how this **** goes

negative.. waterblocks are expensive... and no way around it.. lol

Well then hopefully the family members will be EXTRA guilty about not seeing me enough through out the year and be more generous than usual.. Thanks for the info...

Aspire, if you have any input I'd love to hear it...

Personally I am against full cover blocks. Why?

-They are REALLY expensive
-They are not compatible with any other cards
-They do not perform as well as bare gpu blocks

If you get something like a maze5 or mcw60 you can use it for other cards in the future as well (unless they change the gpu mounting design which i think is unlikely)....and the blocks are much cheaper.

The catch is that you have to buy some ramsinks or something to cool the VRMs on the 4870. They are cheap though, thermaltake copper ones are really cheap and quite good.

i just think its nice to have a water block on the VRMs... keeps the card cooler as a whole... and lets you absolutely pump the clocks... especially the mem...

downside is you cant use them on a different card... but if you're gonna sell the card and get a new one, why not sell the block with it and get a new one too?!

I dunno if you've tried selling a card with a full cover waterblock, but its not really easy and you will always lose a good chunk of money.

Air cooling and some good sinks on the VRMs work fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom