Help me improve my budget build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know its funny i didn't even know the board was micro atx. I knew that there was something weird about it but i couldn't place my finger on it. Any recommendations for a good board to go with the cpu i'm using? And although i would like to upgrade the cpu and throw in a cooling unit, i'm kinda comfortable at the price range i'm in rite now. But thanks anyways, if nothing else it gives me ideas. Lol all the ATX amd x2 boards at newegg are on back-order. Maybe i should just try to make an intel board. Is there a disadvantage of putting a micro atx into a standard size case?

Not knowing if you were set on a price range for the board and seeing the Foxconn being a micro I pointed you to a better micro atx by Gigabyte in about the same price range there.

For full atx sized boards Asus, Gigabyte(again), MSI, Abit, eVGA are the top makes along with DFI. You will to decide on the highest price for a board to give us some ideas as to which models we can point you at there.

For a board in the $100 price range how about one that goes for just that. The Asus M3N78 Pro is an AM2/AM2+ board you may want a look at. Newegg.com - ASUS M3N78 PRO AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8300 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Many go for the Freezer64 Pro since the Zalman does cost a bit more. It just happens to offer more cooling however due not only to the large copper array but a 110mm fan. Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

But like I was saying at the top of the thread a case seeing good air flow will make even more of a difference. When you cool the board down the cpu temps come down too! :D

The boards I've been running here for years have been seeing nForce chipsets. Those are far superior to SIS or VIA by a storm even while I have a single ATI driven card in here. The chipsets are not just for SLI or Crossfire setups.

For a board in the $100 price range how about one that goes for just that. The Asus M3N78 Pro is an AM2/AM2+ board you may want a look at. Newegg.com - ASUS M3N78 PRO AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8300 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Many go for the Freezer64 Pro since the Zalman does cost a bit more. It just happens to offer more cooling however due not only to the large copper array but a 110mm fan. Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

But like I was saying at the top of the thread a case seeing good air flow will make even more of a difference. When you cool the board down the cpu temps come down too! :D

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Just as good and it supports AM2 also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom