Help me set it up, plz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGOLDEN_ONEx

Beta member
So i just bought a bare bone kit from tiger direct. I don't have a lot of money and had a buddy that picked up one of these similar to what i got, he said he has had a lot of luck with it i guess.. Here is what i got. I hope you dont have a headache because after this post you will ..lol j/k i hope not...and be nice..:laughing:

MoBo..

XFX GeForce 8200 Motherboard - NVIDIA GeForce 8200, Socket AM2 / AM2+, MicroATX, Audio, Video, DVI, HDMI, PCI Express 2.0, Hyrbid SLI, USB 2.0, eSATA, RAID, CMOS, DebugLED Displayoard

CPU..

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ ProcessorADO5000IAA5DO- Processor Speed: X2 5000+ / 2.60GHz
- Processor Interface: Socket AM2
- L2 Cache: 1MB

Ram..a 1GB and a 2GB total of three, idk it came with it....

PCI-E Video card....XFX GeForce 8500 GT Ultra Silent Cooling Video Card - 512MB DDR2, SLI Ready, PCI Express 1.0 x16, (Dual Link) DVI, VGA, HDTV- GPU/VPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
- Video Memory: 512MB
- Interface Type: PCI Express 1.0 x16

So after all that said, my question.. A1) is will i need to cool this video card down with a extra fan in a pci slot, or something else? I have read it gets hot. Im not a huge gamer but have just recently been dragged into W.O.W!!! ( world of warcraft) I think i might want to look into other P.C based games to as well Maybe, not that important! So all of a sudden my computer that has been ok for sometime is out dated so i got this stuff to build one. ONCE again i say i had really no money to spend .. I will be playing wow alot and dont want to mess up on the card not cooling right. I will have a 120mm intake fan on the box and a 120mm fan on the exhaust. ( COOLER MASTER Y720DCD-25T1-GP 120MM BLUE LED SILENT FAN 110CFM 16DBA )x2

My cpu is cooled by the ::(XIGMATEK HDT-D1264 120MM COPPER HEATPIPE PWM CPU COOLER FOR AMD K8, AM2 AND INTEL LGA775) It was cheap:)

My computer uses are a wide range of things. I like to record video from gaming on my ps3 , Wars/sniping and so on. Im on skype all the time for clans/guilds, and surfing the web at the same time, maybe downloading stuff...Idk it all depends on whats going on...

I have a 32inch HD LCD t.v (HDMIx2) no dvi/vga connections just HDCP, and a 22inch samsung monitor , i plan on using both, you know play wow on the 32 inch and do other stuff on my 22inch, or if im playing my ps3 on the 32inch tv then i would like to play wow on my 22 inch samsung..All at the best quality i can get....of course! or even just p.c gamiing on my t.v and doing whatever else my computer is doing on my 22inch..lol

Ok so the questions are:

1) I have heard that this on board graphics set up could use the pci-e GF-cards power combined by just using the on board dvi connection? How would one do that as well? would it be better than just running out of the Card its self?

2) If that was the case ( if the mobo combined its power) I would like that to go to my t.v via on board dvi to hdmi, OR.. if the boards combined power from the card would work threw the on board HDMI port then HDMI to HDMI would be the way i would like to go.

2a) but then i would like to ask if i wanted to play a game on my 22inch monitor would it be better to use a dvi connection out of the video card? or still try and stay running off my mobo for both? or what? i don't want to be changing wires around..

At that point what would be better to use just the video cards outputs or the on board outputs for my 22inch ..?

I am tring to find the best way to incorporate everything together and at the same time using my new hardware to its fullest? I dont want to have to change wires around to do things...

Im so sorry for being such a noob ! lol and this post being so long...if anyone would like to take the time and help me out you could email me or reply, i understand its kinda a lot...THANKS FOR ANY HELP...:D

P.S... I dont plan on doing PC gaming on both monitors at the same time..but at times my tv will be tied up with my ps3 so at that point i need my 22inch monitor to work at the highest quality possible..Then at times i would like to pc game on my tv. My tv does not have a dvi/vga, its only an HDMI...

Sound like all you need is dual monitors (one is the TV the other is the monitor) you will be able to put different applications on the different monitors simply by dragging them from one to the other so that gives you the flexabilty you are after.
I don't know if it technically possible to use your onboard and your add on cards simultaniously in this way but if I were you I would probably just use the outputs on the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom