AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

fresh install.
had to restart 'explorer' 1 time @ boot, but it recovered.
navigated through the web no problem, installed a few programs.

yes, time is off, i farked on setting it after reseting CMOS since my 'wonderful' dual BIOS didn't recover from a previous overlock and used the jumper.

nice! Same clocks as me. Did u copy me ;)?? What is ur CPU core temp? Mine is, i believe it's around, 40 C, LCD temp on full tower is off 7 degrees if i go by what the BIOS tells me.

Windows Sidebar still restarts itself but not as much as it did before (at least once per day) and video games still kind of quit out of itself. I did do stress testing through AMD Overdrive; sometimes when i open it up, my computer gets a BSOD.

lol, i saw your clocks afterwards and realized it was the same.
you have tighter RAM timings though XD I can't get mine down to 4's. doesn't even POST if i try.
not sure of the temps. didn't monitor any cause none are installed lol. it ran @ 41-44 degrees @ 3.2, so more than likely it's running 43-46 degrees in Windows.
36 degrees in the BIOS if i remember correctly
BIOS alert is set @ 70 degrees, and hasn't alerted me so it's all good lol.

no stress testing either.
it fails prime95 @ 3.250 anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. so i didn't even bother.

i'm just looking to boot right now. seeing what i can do w/ this new BIOS.

yea i got board.
overclockin' my s754 now
XD

Athlon64 s754 2800+ 1.8Ghz stock
munching down on 1.70v w/ stock HSF
it booted @ 1.650v and passed a superpi (only bench it could run) but locked after 10 min.
board doesn't let me do 1.675v :S

Win2K for the O/S

drat my new asus mobo wont do more than 310 clock speed with my 3600 which is 2.95ghz. still a respectable OC from a 65 dollar micro atx board. aint gonna get 1st in SPi with it though. at least...with this chip muah ahha hah. phenoms and 5400BEs are getting cheaper every day.
the good thing is that this new ram in my folding rig is doing 500 mhz with 4 timings. not bad for 20 bucks.

So I finally have all the parts together for my new experiment. During the holidays Puddle and I will be doing some interesting things with some interesting hardware. Be prepared for some build logs. Many pics also.

what kinda hardware you gonna be testing zmatt?? im keen to see some real world (and validated) scores for Phenom II chips if thats what you're hinting at

So I finally have all the parts together for my new experiment. During the holidays Puddle and I will be doing some interesting things with some interesting hardware. Be prepared for some build logs. Many pics also.

The P4 OC'ing Experiment is finally going to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom