Laptop Fan Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAznPrid3x

In Runtime
Whats the reason why my laptop gets xtremely hot were the cpu is i believe, its so hott i cannot even put it on my lap, and when i look or put my hand by the tinny fan its either not spinning or blowing like a baby puff. I dont cover the fans ventalation area. only thing that cools it down is when i put it on my desk and put a miniture fan on it. And the fan is brand new, no dust spots on it either

being that the fans in a laptop are very small and don't react well to much of anything, I would suspect that it is one of 2 things.
1. Something is in the bearings and is causing it to spin very slowly or not at all.
2. the fan is getting squished by something.

If the problem is not really the fan, then there are other options to look at. First, how is heat transferred from the CPU? Is there a heat pipe involved or is it direct cooled? Do you have a heat spreader on the VPU and the CPU? Have you done anything to the machine, or had the machine suffered any impacts (i.e. falling or something falling on it)?
How old is that machine anyway? It's pretty rare for a fan to die within the first year unless it's supper dusty, but it can happen. Also, check the Bios and see what the settings are for the fan control. If you can, set the fan to run max or whatever and set the temp allotments a bit lower.

it is not direct cooled, it transfors from the left side of the comp and blows it about 1 inch to the cpu. the fan does not get squashed and the fan is facing downwards and theirs a vent on the buttom of the fan and side of the fan. i believe the comp is a 98 comp. it has never fell before. how do i check the fan speed. and when i turn on the comp and the screen window xp and theirs a bar moving the fan blows fast and when it goes to the login screen it slows down or stops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom