How do you over clock Alien Ware m17?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, its a true overclock:
Newegg.com - ASUS G Series G50VT-X2 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8600(2.40GHz) 15.4" Wide SXGA+ 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS - Laptops / Notebooks

stock the chip runs 2.4ghz, which is reference clock for the chip:
Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile Processor P8600 - SLB3S

Its a 45nm chip, so yeah it can oc and stay within the thermal specs of the laptop.

I still have no idea where you pulled the "most laptops can overclock" comment from.

I still have no idea where you pulled the "most laptops can overclock" comment from.

I never said most, i said many.

The entire gaming line of ASUS laptops are an example.

Actually, theres many laptops that can be oc'd....some even have a button on them for an instant 200mhz oc, like the Asus G50V.

Rican I doubt the Asus with its 2.4ghz stock chip can be overclocked to 3.00ghz~.

I didnt say that, stop taking my words out of context.

I said theres many laptops that can oc (and its more than just a few) and i said that the ASUS G50V-X2 can do an instant 200mhz oc with the push of a button.

No i dont think it can oc to 3ghz, but the cpu is user replaceable without voiding warranty.

As for the alienware lappy, im not sure since i mainly follow ASUS.

I m not putting words into your mouth. Its just that the over clock head room on laptops isn't that huge. While the risk of over heating, as well as damaging the CPU, and other components is high.

All for minimal performance gain.

Of course they are, but that laptop i linked uses a 45nm chip, with a 25w tdp.

And its a gaming laptop.

Also, the same laptop comes with higher clocked cpu's....people have dropped 3ghz cpu's into them. If it can take a 3ghz stock cpu, it can take a lower clocked oc'd cpu. And notice that the warranty isnt voided when you replace the cpu, ASUS made it for the gamer in mind.

Its not a minimal performance gain either, that laptop stock gets around 9K in 3dmark06. With
a 3ghz cpu, i think it shoots up past 11K.

If it can take a 3ghz stock cpu, it can take a lower clocked oc'd cpu. And notice that the warranty isnt voided when you replace the cpu, ASUS made it for the gamer in mind.

Not necessarily, a lower spec cpu overclocked to a higher speed will almost certainly produce more heat.

Also most gamers aren't the type that replace the CPU's in their laptops, I believe the word you're looking for is enthusiast.

Not necessarily, a lower spec cpu overclocked to a higher speed will almost certainly produce more heat.

Also most gamers aren't the type that replace the CPU's in their laptops, I believe the word you're looking for is enthusiast.

Well, im just going off from what i know about these laptops.

ASUS has been putting out really nice ones lately, and ive been looking around for awhile.

Theyre pretty much head to head with gateway, on the gaming side.

Well, im just going off from what i know about these laptops.

ASUS has been putting out really nice ones lately, and ive been looking around for awhile.

Theyre pretty much head to head with gateway, on the gaming side.

Meh, friend has one, specs are nice and all, but I wasn't at all impressed with the build quality, or the hugely thick cheap plastic bezel around the screen.

The footprint of his laptop is nearly 15% larger than mine and they have the same screen size.

Meh, friend has one, specs are nice and all, but I wasn't at all impressed with the build quality, or the hugely thick cheap plastic bezel around the screen.

The footprint of his laptop is nearly 15% larger than mine and they have the same screen size.

Yeah i went to best buy and checked out one of those and while the specs are nice, the build quality isnt that great.

And the one i saw was 17"...way too big.

I checked out one of the asus lappys and it was loads better. And 1680x1050 ona 15.4" screen is beauty.

Yeah i went to best buy and checked out one of those and while the specs are nice, the build quality isnt that great.

And the one i saw was 17"...way too big.

I checked out one of the asus lappys and it was loads better. And 1680x1050 ona 15.4" screen is beauty.

I'm talking about an ASUS laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom