Fastest 32GB Flash Drive available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devon8822

Baseband Member
Can anybody help me out? What is the fastest 32GB flash drive memory stick for under $100?

Sorry but they all will be the same speed. USB 2.0 can only transfer so fast. There is no way that any 1 will be faster than any other. Cause they all are limited to the speed of USB 2.0 on that.

So you just have to find one that you want that is in your price range.

There are major differences in speed Mak. Put a 4GB Voyager vs. a 4GB Voyager GT to the test and the GT will finish in a quarter of the time. Yes they can only go as fast as USB 2.0 lets them but regular flash drives don't go nearly as fast as USB supports.

Patriot XPorter XT 32GB if you can find it for under $100. Goes for around that price.

Corsair Flash Voyager GT 32GB is the absolute fastest available but has a pricetag of $250.

I have the Patriot XT 32gig...and its served me well so far (have had it a few months now). Loving having all that extra space lol.

That is read/write speed. Even then that still comes down to your system as well. I could hook them up to my system and most lkely not see that much of a performance difference cause of how old the system is to begin with.

Yeah there are some out there that have great read/write speed. But put them on a P4 system or something like that and you wont notice the difference when compared to a Dual Core or Quad core.

The college's main library here uses old P4's with 1GB of RAM and it still transfers 4x as fast for me. The graphic design computers we use for 3DS Max have Q9450's and 8GB of RAM and it performs around the same speed. The factor is mainly the type of memory the flash drive uses I think.

Whats the differences between the Voyager GT and the non-GT one?

Just found out GT is faster.

I can only find the GT in 16GB though... does it not come in 32?

Yeah transfer speeds are the same regardless of system specs, as long as you have usb 2.0.....now if you only have usb 1.1, then that sucks for you.

It does come in 32GB version but it's hard to find and expensive. I have a Voyager GT and I can say that it's blazing fast. Copies 4GB of files in 6 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom