AMD&PCie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG_AIZZLE

In Runtime
I was Wondering when the hell AMD boards will be made to support PCIe. Becasue i only go with AMD and im sure many ppl would agree with that :confused:. I wonder this becasue im not going to switch to a 64-bit cpu till i know im getting the top of the line shizzle thats forizzle! And i hope it will be soon and i hope someone will know:rolleyes:!

I believe for AMD, ONLY the Athlon 64 chipsets like the nForce 4 will feature PCI-E.

in late september/early october . . . via and nvidia are releasing pci-e mobos . . .

nvidias will NOT be called nforce 4, something else

vias will be K8T890 and K8T890 Pro . . . the first has pci express and agp, the second has 2 pci express slots . . .

just wondering, why are you waiting for pci express? agp is still good . . . its not like its bottlenecked . . . :rolleyes:

koldapu said:
just wondering, why are you waiting for pci express? agp is still good . . . its not like its bottlenecked . . . :rolleyes:

Yeah, a Athlon XP will bottleneck it even more.

yep, all you would need to upgrade is the video card in the future, not the mobo . . .

people like me, who have desktop comps with cruddy agp cards (go to hell, 9200SE!) will want the 2x pci express . . . cause in the future, i can go SLI :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom