TV as my monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

In Runtime
I have a 52" tv that I want to use as my monitor. It has an S video on the back of it. My computer has an an onboard video card with VGA port. I assume I would need to buy a video card. What type of ports does it need in order for me to hook up and what type of cable/connector would I need to get in order to do all this? If you could guess at a price for all please feel free to do so.

thanks

PS... tv is a 52" bought in 1999.

You would need S-Video out on the card...
For price we need to know what ports your PC has... PCI/AGP/PCIE

As I said my onboard video is a vga port only so I would prolly need to buy a video card as well. So what do you think all this would cost?

thanks

That depends on what kind of video card you need. Like Zedman said, we need to know if you need PCI-E, AGP, or a PCI video card. Note, this is not your onboard video connector...this is what kind of open ports your motherboard has.

If you dont' know... Is it a prebuilt computer (HP, Dell, etc) or one you built yourself? If prebuilt: get us the make/model number of the computer. If you built it yourself, either look up the model number of the motherboard, give us the model, or physically look.

ok, my motherboard is intel D945GTP. Sorry about that carnagex. If you could help me I would really appreciate it.

thanks

Looks like you have a PCI-E slot on that board...what's your budget for a card?

No problem. It comes with an s-video cable as well (or should at least), but it'll probably be too short for you...you can pick up an s-video cable about anywhere though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom