Water Cooling System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
Alright guys I know this has been posted 500 times before, but I want to see the most up to date information on water cooling systems. I am looking at water cooling my q9450 in an Twelve Hundred Case (Does have pre drilled holes in back for radiator). So I need someone to come up with a list of a good custom water cooling kit. No price limit or certain request, just want to get a good kit that will not fail/leak. Thanks in advance :)

I am looking for a custom water cooling system that I will put togethor myself such as swiftech and dangerden parts etc. Maybe "kit" wasn't the right word haha. I don't want those crappy kits that are pre-made. I'm looking for a performance system.

He isn't in the UK and most of those parts aren't even available in the US.

Reservoir is aluminum = corrosion.

And don't ever talk about Zalman and water cooling in the same sentence again!

Here's a good setup for what you want.

GPU
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop

CPU

Petra's Tech Shop
or
Petra's Tech Shop
or
Petra's Tech Shop

Radiator

Petra's Tech Shop

Pump
Petra's Tech Shop

Reservoir
Petra's Tech Shop
or
Petra's Tech Shop

Tubing

Low maintenance
Petra's Tech Shop
or
Petra's Tech Shop

Show off ish
Petra's Tech Shop
(available in several colors)

Fittings
Petra's Tech Shop

Biocide
Petra's Tech Shop

Yes some stuff is out of stock, but they can all be found online at other places.

Thanks aspire! I totally forgot you were the water cooling king on these forums haha. I will order that stuff in the next week or so, this is my first time installing a water cooling system in a pc so any tips for me?

don't rush. if you rush you'll fk it up.

make sure you've got the pump going the correct way ;)

just take your time and you'll be fine.

Thanks aspire! I totally forgot you were the water cooling king on these forums haha. I will order that stuff in the next week or so, this is my first time installing a water cooling system in a pc so any tips for me?

Oh, totally forgot one thing.

Petra's Tech Shop

Make sure you use clamps on every barbed connection.

When your putting your loop together make sure you leak test it without your computer running.

The best coolant is distilled water, tap water is a no-no. Just add 1 or 2 drops of the Bioocide to it.

Come up with creative solutions to mounting things like the radiator. Use 45/90 degree fittings if a bend requires you to otherwise use large loops of tubing.

If you have any other questions, aim is the best way to ask me questions.

Sounds good, I was planning on testing the water cooling for 48hrs to make sure there are no leaks. However if I unplug the psu, the loop won't get power? Or do you just give power to the water loop? :confused:

Sounds good, I was planning on testing the water cooling for 48hrs to make sure there are no leaks. However if I unplug the psu, the loop won't get power? Or do you just give power to the water loop? :confused:

You take your power supply and it's 24 pin motherboard connector
and use a paper clib to short between the green wire and any black wire.

This essentially hotwires the power supply and tricks it into thinking its connected to a computer.

Then use the hotwired power supply to bleed and test the loop before running the whole computer with it.

Personally some people are into 2 day leak testing but I've gotten comfortable enough with my parts that it if doesn't leak after an hour or so I'm fairly certain it won't leak at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom