Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

did this clock a couple weeks ago.
5000+ BE @ 3.250Ghz, HT Link 1250Mhz
13 X 250
RAM was @ 5-5-5-18-24 T2
BIOS vcore was @ 1.500v, cpu says 1.488v

28.929 for 1M pi

I know, it hurts to see. But I support the warriors, and Intel has the current Spartans.

dang AMD gets spanked.

What Apok said was that the Intel's get extra instructions during this test that lets it do better..

I wish i knew somebody who knew Binary well enough to check the program out and confirm or unconfirm this

you mean there's more to binary than that "there are 10 types of ppl in the world" joke?

What Apok said was that the Intel's get extra instructions during this test that lets it do better..

I wish i knew somebody who knew Binary well enough to check the program out and confirm or unconfirm this

i thought this was confirmed?
only used for showing improvements on the same system or 2 systems of the same build?

What Vern said is a misnomer. Binary is simply a counting system comprising of 2 different digits. Its base 2, whereas the system we use is base 10. To "know" binary means you can count in it, which is no large feat.

What Vern meant is he needs some on who can read machine code. That's pretty hard. Few people can anymore because of the prevalence of compilers. Since you cant pull the source code out of a compiled file you have to look at the assembled machine code. You do this with a hex editor. It's actually a very simply process, the problem is, assembly is very archaic and hard to understand by all but the people who made it.

What Vern said is a misnomer. Binary is simply a counting system comprising of 2 different digits. Its base 2, whereas the system we use is base 10. To "know" binary means you can count in it, which is no large feat.

What Vern meant is he needs some on who can read machine code. That's pretty hard. Few people can anymore because of the prevalence of compilers. Since you cant pull the source code out of a compiled file you have to look at the assembled machine code. You do this with a hex editor. It's actually a very simply process, the problem is, assembly is very archaic and hard to understand by all but the people who made it.

Yes.. what he said..

TBH I don't remember what Apok said word for word.. so I knew it wouldn't make sense

Back
Top Bottom