Video Editing Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
I am building a new rig for mainly Video editing with the intent of gaming. I have some money from my late father coming in form the government and will have a nice budget. I already have a monitor set up which will help make my rig better for what i have to work with.

Budget $2,000

I am looking for some help narrowing my search down,

So far i have:
Q9550
Good MoBo, dunno if i should get DDR3 yet?
Nividia 280 GTX
Western Digital VelociRaptor
PSU maybe close to 800-1000 watts?
Case, i was thinking Coolermaster 830?

Some things i know for sure will be the G15 and the MX518

Any help for setting up an awesome rig with the mindset its for high end video editing and some gaming

If you are gonna spend that much money on a new system, you might as well go for I7 and a X58. And do not get a VelociRaptor, waste of money. Also what is "the G15 and the MX518"?

The G15 and MX518 are gaming keyboards and mice (respectively..)

Looks good except the Velociraptor...

Maybe try to get a Core i7 rig? and get the Corsair 750tx

For video editing, I would use 3 or 4 WD or Seagate SATA drives (in 3.0 Gb/s mode; factory installed 1.5 Gb/s jumper removed) in RAID 0. Compare the charts for a single drive: Charts, benchmarks 3.5" Hard Drive Charts, Average WriteTransfer Performance to those of a RAID system with four drives Charts, benchmarks RAID Matrix Charts, Average WriteTransfer Performance (Although they don't seem to mention which drives and how large the array is.) Tom's Winter 2008 hard drive guide has some good stuff, too. Tom?s Winter 2008 Hard Drive Guide : Buying The Perfect Hard Drive - Tom's Hardware

why not grab an OCZ Core Series SSD instead of a vraptor cuz it'll perform way way better for near the same price... then you can use a RAID0/5 of Seagate or WD HDDs for storage... also, Core i7 will make high end video editing a breeze because of the monster memory bandwidth and huge amount of instructions it can execute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom