1 nVidia 260GTX GT or SLI 2 way 8800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about a

core i7 extreme clocked at 4.4 ghz
12 gb ddr3 1600 mhz overclocked
4 x 280GTX sli all overclocked

what about that in the near future?

12GB of ram hmmm right now i cant even max out my 4gb of ram while opening 4 instances of convertX2dvd ,2 instances of nero, while playing CoH or Tiberium wars and im only using a 3.2 q6600 , well that setup might be in the far future not near, and besides quad sli of gtx 280 that time there is already a single card that can beat it, which might be able to run crysis in 125 fps very high settings 16xAA. but crysis will not be the "GAME" of ultimate gfx it will be Mario Kart grand prix....

12GB of ram hmmm right now i cant even max out my 4gb of ram while opening 4 instances of convertX2dvd ,2 instances of nero, while playing CoH or Tiberium wars and im only using a 3.2 q6600 , well that setup might be in the far future not near, and besides quad sli of gtx 280 that time there is already a single card that can beat it, which might be able to run crysis in 125 fps very high settings 16xAA. but crysis will not be the "GAME" of ultimate gfx it will be Mario Kart grand prix....

:laughing:

Why do people still care about Crysis. You could run 25 GTX280s and not max the game out because its coded like dogcrap. Theres a reason they changed engine for warhead. Also, what size monitor are you going to be using rave. That is going to make alot of difference in what your framerate is.

its not coded like dog crap... the vegetation just kills the game because its producing so many pixels at 1 time.. the game easily eats up over 1gb of video memory because of it

and then on top of that.. it doesnt use tons of bump maping like COD does.... its mostly actual 3d rendering

Why do people still care about Crysis. You could run 25 GTX280s and not max the game out because its coded like dogcrap. Theres a reason they changed engine for warhead. Also, what size monitor are you going to be using rave. That is going to make alot of difference in what your framerate is.

haha, I dunno if you know or not veedub but a while back I actually used one of your quotes similar to this as evidence that not everyone in the TF community thought Crysis was programmed well :p

its not coded like dog crap... the vegetation just kills the game because its producing so many pixels at 1 time.. the game easily eats up over 1gb of video memory because of it

and then on top of that.. it doesnt use tons of bump maping like COD does.... its mostly actual 3d rendering

I'm sorry, but a game that is over 1 year old now, and still cant be "maxxed" out is poorly optimized. I want to know what they used to test the game while it was being programmed.

name me a game that produces as many pixels.. you won't find any

they wanted to produce a game of tomorrow... and they did...

just because we can't run a game.. don't mean its coded like crap

Aren't game developers supposed to test their new titles out before they hit shelves? Why would they release a game that brings $2K+ custom builds to its knees?

because the purpose of the game was to be THE BEST graphically... and they did so...

don't complain you can't play full quality people.. just lower the quality.. it still looks nice

too many whiners about the game

this is just like F.E.A.R. all over again... my 7800 can't play it full quality!! ITS CRAPPILY CODED.. WAHHHH.. lol i'm tired of it!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom