New at this. But I want to build my own PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLNT1

Solid State Member
ill need a case power supply motherboard processor memory graphics card sound card hard drive cd/dvd rom speakers monitor wireless card. [i know you guys probably know i need all this :p]
im pretty new at building PCs.. so im asking for some recommendations for each peice of hardware and also that everything would be compatible. or any good website recommendations where i can choose all this? i'm sure itll be a good learning process for me. I have 3500 dollar budget and this pc will need to be used for video editing, gaming, audio work, photo
editing, animation, general business use, and networking. Just looking for something as effective as my budget will allow.

Easy with your budget :) and we will be able to save you a ton of money as your budget is so high. I will add parts through editing this post just give me 5 mins or so I may go overbudget tbh I am just looking for the best hardware available and factoring in price/performance to give you the best deal possible
Mobo& Os: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
PSU: Newegg.com - Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
RAM: Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
GPU: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100251SR Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards (possibly in Crossfire)
Soundcard: Customer Reviews Of M-AUDIO US41077 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
HDD: 2x Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000340AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives in (raid1) and Newegg.com - Suggested Products in RAID 0
wireless:Newegg.com - NETGEAR WN311B IEEE802.11n draft specification, IEEE 802.11b, IEE802.11g PCI Wireless Adapter Up to 270Mbps Data Rates WiFi protected Access (WPA2- PSK, WPA- PSK)
Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) 64- bit, 128- bit

Case is upto you I would reccomend you look at Silverstone or lian li branded cases

Monitor:Newegg.com - SAMSUNG SyncMaster 305T Black 30" 6ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 1000:1 - LCD Monitors <--- awesome monitor but pricey not sure if this would blow your budget

ps: Speakers wise you probably don't want pc ones as a video editor you should know that pc speakers are fairly average and you should go to the Audio sectio to get some very knowledgeable advice for that

thanks a ton. this is what i had. though im posting this before reading all the links you gave me..

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9550 - Retail 320

MSI X48C Platinum LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail 240
OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G13334GK - Retail 115

EVGA 512-P3-N975-AR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail 125

If you are doing video/audio work, don't use speakers at all. Get a good sound card and a good pair of Sennheiser headphones to hear it at its best.

775 is old tech i7 is the new thing now and the computer I just put together is the pretty much a dream for most people you need to decide on either air or water cooling

really like the selections you made. thanks again! this will all be compatible with each other and will be able to run the
Adobe Creative Suite (CS3) Master Collection, Maya, Canvas, the full Microsoft Office
Suite (Enterprise 2007 including Visio and Project), and various games? I'll be running much of this software simultaneously with monitoring IM
and email, so I'll need lots of display desktop space.

If you are doing video/audio work, don't use speakers at all. Get a good sound card and a good pair of Sennheiser headphones to hear it at its best.

of course!

If your going to be running that all at the same time then you will need watercooling and to heavy overclock the cpu should get upto 4.2ghz without too much effort want some advice for that?

yeah, not too familiar with the whole water cooling thing. doesnt intel make a kit?

Nope I am afraid your going to have to get your hands dirty if you want the best. May be worth researching some danger den stuff and some watercooling guides although its quite costly it will radically increase your performance also its a bit easier then having liquid nitrogen cooling lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom