Trouble with graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol yeah, go figure man. I think theres some unknown conflict with the FX series of geforce cards and ASUS boards or something. Cause just like you I threw the card in...mind you an OLDER motherboard and it ran like a champ, I've never even heard of AZZA motherboards and thats what it ran in. ASUS will NEVER get my business again. Let me know if that MSI board works out for you and you get your system up and running. Now I'm really interested if it does cause thats a major issue ASUS needs to address.

EDIT: Don't feel bad about buying a older mobo for more...I basically did the same thing..paid $90 for this motherboard which is $50 at zipzoomfly, but at the time I knew absolutely shit about motherboards and processors and all that good stuff plus the only thing I had ever bought online was the card that didn't work in the ASUS and just like you I didn't want to wait for a new motherboard to be delivered lol. I just bought a vantec tornado 80mm fan I kinda wish I hadnt lol too damn loud for my use

oh man plus I just now noticed in your specs it says 5700, on your first post you put 5200.....if it really is the 5700 then thats an AMAZING coincidence and I wish I woulda had someone to stop me about 5 days through troubleshooting and say 'Hey dipshit get a new mobo' lol

Bad news... I just received the MSI board and I put everything together... the my video card still doesn't work... although the stupid fan receives power now, before with the Asus board the freaking fan didn't even spin. Why is this so difficult?!

The card doesn't show up on device manager, windows doesn't detect it either. I don't believe this crap.. could it be my card? But how could that be! It was working just fine 5 days ago!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a frustrated person that's about to break his computer?

Also, I went to the MSI site and look for drivers for the board.. I couldn't find it.

Crap.

Sigh.... I give up... either my card is bad... or both boards suck. I'll try one more time and re-install win2k pro since that's the last OS that I had it working on. If that doesn't work.... I'm just going to forget about it. Keep it on the side maybe one day it'll decide to work.

What I don't get is that the card was working perfectly fine before.

does that 5700 come with a molex connector for power straight from your power supply if so make sure that it is hooked up and doesn`t have a short,been through that myself in a hurry to change my motherboards and forgot to hook the molex up on my 5900 card lol i was peturbed for a minute also lol,and if thats not it take the card out and clean the terminals on it with alcohol,sometimes the oil on your fingers and hands will cause a short or something like that,had that happen a couple of times also

if this 5700 video card has a molex connector coming straight from your power supply make sure you didnt forget to hook it up,and make sure the terminals where it hooks into your motherboard are clean ,I use alcohol to get the hand and finger iol off of mine

IT RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to thank boomer for his suggestions, I used alcohol and cleaned the card's teeth and now windows sees it and it runs great!!!!!!!!! FINALLY.... if it wasn't for boomer's advice I would of never though of it. I don't know why but apparently oil did get on there.

The other motherboard I returned with no problem!
My new mb runs great!

Just want to thank Nubis too... I returned my old board for a better one and saved $5!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom