Need a little help picking for budget builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
OK this one has a little background to it before I get smacked for such a cheap system. A teacher friend runs the computer class at the local Highschool and he has come into (or will be soon) some extra money to spend on the class, so he decided they need some new computers (4 to be precise) but he isn't getting THAT much money and he asked me where he should look to buy some inexpensive computers. (looking at dell or Gateway type stuff) Right now he has P3 systems with windows 95 and 98 so upgrades are in order. So I put some thought to it and decided to tell him to build them would be cheapest for what he needs and told him I would build them for him as my little donation to our youth free of charge. only trouble is the amount of money he has to spend on 4 systems. Keep in mind these systems will NEVER have a game or hardcore programs, They are just going to run some simple school programs and connect to the web for school research. This is what I have put together so far and just meets the budget, If anyone has any better or cheaper choices that would be of decent quality.... Please let me know (why I put this post) This is the list I have so far and onboard graphics will be plenty for what we need. and for the case, I've done a build with this case and it seems decent but the PS is way over speced but plenty for these systems.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR GF7100P-M7S LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7100 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - Intel Celeron E1200 1.6GHz 512KB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - HEC 6C11BBOH48D Black 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 485W Power Supply - Computer Cases

Thanks
Dauntae

Your thinking too much like a gamer if a complete system (mouse keyboard and monitor) is needed then dell, gateway would be best. If its just the base unit then
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! <--- better motherboard and cpu in total and more reliable which would be needed in a school environment.
Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory <--- awesome deal even if 2gb won't be used
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD800AAJS 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives slight saving
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives <--- could get one of these for the free shipping but I am not sure whether that covers all items in the order or just one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom