Advice On Upgrading Processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not essential but it would give you around 100% speed increase its extremely simple and the other members and myself can walk you through it step by step we have 12yr old on here who build there own computers its really that simple. All those bits come under the £200 budget

I can't afford to buy a new mother board, but I greatly appreciate your offer. Back to the processor, under what circumstances will the processor not work straight away if I replace it and what will I have to do to get it to work?

It will work straight away assuming you told me the correct information its just a simple remove heatsink and drop processor in then replace heatsink and your ready to go. It takes me about 15 mins to build a pc and 10 mins to replace a mobo or processor it really is very simple, no soldering, nothing needs to be done on your part except tighten a few screws and plug some power cables in which can't physically go in the wrong slots

Nope with information you have provided your bios natively supports that processor and the ram although not supported at the speed will simply be downclocked a bit and run just aswell and be fully supported its really just plug and play. I do reccomend you get a new motherboard though if you want to get a real performance boost

I can't afford a new motherboard straight away but as soon as I can afford one I will buy one on your advice. Thanks a lot for your advice much appreciated. Just one last question how do I turn off the proceses that I do not want to start when my pc boots up so I can improve the speed of my pc without having to wait for my upgrade?

start menu>>> run>>> msconfig

Vista has alot of other functions that slow it down you may want too look up a guide via google if you don't know whats what. Also for the record pc world is rubbish they overcharge alot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom