How to OC Q6600 to 3ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Ok i'll read this tomorrow and probably have a go at it then. Basically i just want to OC my Q6600 to 3ghz, not sure if i'll see any improvement in gameplay as it's smooth as it is but ah well i want a 3ghz quad.:D

I have a vendetta 2 cooler on my CPU so i think it will be ok.

Do I just press F1 or delete(i forget which it is but it says obviously) and change the FSB to something higher and that's all?

Also just to add I bought this PC end of september and apparently I probably avoided the Q6600's which didn't clock well( as they'd had them in stock for a while and I guess America got the bad ones before the UK, hopefully anyway).

If it's important my mobo and ram are:

ASUS P5Q Pro P45

Corsair 2x2gb DDR2 PC6400 XMS2

so basically if anyone can tell me what to do I'd be really grateful, also keep it simple I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.:eek:

If you got a decent one you could get 3.0ghz on stock... so try to up the FSB to 333 and see if its stable.. if not.. reply bac

You should be able to hit that no problem.. In fact, my opinion, you are setting your sights to low... I've had mine up to 3.8 Ghz but for 24/7 use run it at 3.5 Ghz...

You should be able to hit 3.0ghz no problem. Right now I am running at 3.0 with no problems. I have had it to almost 3.3 without changing the voltage.

well ts a case of upping the FSB and upping the volts IF needed

you need to get hole of prime 95 to test if its stable if it is you have cracked it, if it isent then its a case of up the vould a slight and try again

ok can someone answer this idiotic question for me...

When the comp starts up it says press delete to enter setup or F1 to enter BIOS post message, so i click Delete and it takes em to a screen with two choices, either start my comp using the vista OS or a windows memory diagnostic tool, no other choices of things to edit, when i go to the press enter to select vista there's an option to press F8 for more options relating to this but is that the right thing to do? I assumed you just pressed delete and a large table came up with options like FSB changing and such.:confused::eek:

ok can someone answer this idiotic question for me...

When the comp starts up it says press delete to enter setup or F1 to enter BIOS post message, so i click Delete and it takes em to a screen with two choices, either start my comp using the vista OS or a windows memory diagnostic tool, no other choices of things to edit, when i go to the press enter to select vista there's an option to press F8 for more options relating to this but is that the right thing to do? I assumed you just pressed delete and a large table came up with options like FSB changing and such.:confused::eek:

I would hit delete then???

what again? I mean i pressed it once, but "setup" is just choosing the OS to use, which has only one choice obviously, vista, and some memory diagnostic thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom