Another new build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelly1

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

Sorry to bother you all with yet another one of these but im a relative noob so....

E8500 Core2 Duo 3.16GHz

Asus Intel P5QL-E

Asus 4870 1gb OR EVGA GTX 260 superclocked

LogiLink Gigabit (GbE) PCI Express NIC

Hitachi 160GB ATA Hard Drive

Elixir DDR 2- PC 2048MB 800MHz (2x)

Black Samsung DVD- RW SH-S223Q/RSMN Lightscribe - Retail

cooling.. 750w unsure of make atm.

Suggestions to better parts are more than welcome, im looking at spending about £600 minus monitor.

Thanks

Nelly

LogiLink Gigabit (GbE) PCI Express NIC
^^ Scratch that, your mobo comes with GbE

cooling.. 750w unsure of make atm.
^^ I believe you mean power, and you can check out the PSU guide here on the forums. I'm not up to date on which ones have good reviews.

Hitachi 160GB ATA Hard Drive
^^ Go for SATA drives, you can get enormous drives for cheap. They are also faster.

I have no idea what your budget translates to in US or CD funds so I can't give you any tips there.

Sorry, meant to write SATA, did'nt even know there was ATA drives, my budget translates to about $900, and err.. yeh, did that look good? and will having an independant network card increase fps rates at all, I basicaly want to play online with next to none/ no ping (cod4 mostly, also WaW)
Cheers

swap the hdd for a 320gb western digital 16mb cache, minus the GB-lan pci card. 750w is a fair bit of overkill but it is a reasonable price and allows for upgrades so thats fine. might want to get a sunbeam core contact cpu cooler for that system which will allow you to keep your cpu very kool and get to about 4ghz on the e8500. if the gtx 260 is a core 216 and is cheaper, get it, otherwise i would get whatever is cheapest. bntoh are about the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom