Digital Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairuza

Baseband Member
Hi,

I've been looking at the price of opaque still image projectors, and discovered I could get a digital projector for a little less.

The purpose of having a projector in the studio would be for speeding up the process of sketching a photograph onto illustrator's board, prior to airbrushing.

In the first one, you place a still photo into the chamber and, like an epidiascope, it projects, via mirrors, through the lens and onto the surface. Sizing is achieved through distance from lens to board.

With a digital projector, I figured I could go straight from the PC, onto the board, without printing. I also figure that the projector could occupy a fixed location (above the drawing board) and accurate sizing could be done through adjustment of the image size, in Photoshop.

What I want to know more than anything is: will I be able to narrow the image to the size of an A3 board, with the projector somewhere near the ceiling, facing downwards, onto the workbench? How small will I be able to get the image? Is it possible to focus the projector at a relatively small distance?

A digital projector would also have a myriad of other uses, as well as for painting pictures.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom