Monitor for my 360/computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
I want to get rid of my crt and get a new lcd monitor. I am thinking of getting a 24" widescreen, probably samsung. I want to know will my 360 look better with the resolution 1920x1200 or 1920×1080?

At 24 inches it will be pretty much impossible to tell the difference between 1920x1200 and 1920×1080. Keep in mind that when the Xbox runs at 1080p it is really just upscaling the image which further negates the difference between the two resolutions. If the cost between the two monitors are the same I would pick up the 1920x1200 for a slightly sharper computer image, but if the 1920x1200 costs more then just a few dollars more then the 1920×1080 then I would just forget it and grab the cheaper model.

look up experiences of other Xbox 360 users on the net there are tons of reviews and pointers out there not to mention forums where exact models can be related to there effectiveness at the crossover. Per example my monitor has 3 revisions for the OSD bios/ software only revision 3 supports full screen xbox 360 playback the second revision runs at 16.9 which results in the black bars top and bottom as mine is 16.10 natively and the original version puts black bars top and bottom and plays at 720p right in the centre.

Is there a converter out there so I can use my component hookups to connect to either dvi or hdmi? I want to hook my component hookups to the monitor and then hook up my audio cables to my computer speakers.

When i used to play for dignitas on the 360 team at lans they had 22" monitors at 1920x1080 and apparantly it is the best for gaming however i really doubt that there would be much differance so go for the cheaper one.

I think im gonna get this monitor for christmas: Newegg.com - Acer H213H bmid Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ACM 20000:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors I cant use the xga box with the monitor because that is just for regular rca hookups, I want to use component for higher detail to run it in 1080p. How good would the quality be with that microsoft adapter to vga, because I know that people have used it and used the 1080p setting with their monitor. Newegg.com - Microsoft Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom