SSD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
64gig is no even close to what you need for space now a days. Vista alone is a lot of gigs, games now a days take 12gig per install then another gig or so for patches and such. Then throw in downloads and your just out of luck. Thats my situation anyway.

i'd wait till the price went down some. good monitors are dirt cheap right now. if you need one, i'd definitely choose that over a new SSD. you can probably get an awesome monitor for what you will pay for a 120gb SSD.
*edit* looked at your link...i dont get you redcoats' money system pounds and pence and shillings and all that, but the ocz solid is 185 pounds which is *trusty internet currency converter* thats 275 bucks and you can DEFINITELY get a good 24" monitor for that much.

ok just to put a slight twist to it i'm defonatly leaning towords a ssd but there is this one monitor close to the price of a nice ssd not its one or the other

26" Iiyama ProLite E2607WS-1 - Aria Technology

OCZ Core V2 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk - Aria Technology

now i know a few have said about waiting for the price to drop (which seems like good sense) and a few said it will be quicker

now is the monitor i linke to worth it, my current monitor has a max res of 1920x1080 i'm not 100% on the contrast ect but its better then the 26" i have now

what do you guys think

26 has a better resolution 1920 x 1200 if you already have a 26" monitor i dont see the need to buy another one unless the one you have really sucks.

itsmore of the next step up sort of thing, my current monitor it a samsung HDTV which has 1 hdmi and a vga

i have a 4850 in my pc and when i plug it into the vga it comes out with a max res of 1360x768 where as it is i have it pluged into the hdmi it has a max res of 1920x1080

now the problem lies i have a ps3 and a pc both using a hdmi (at the moment) and only 1 hdmi slot, where as if i get a newer monitor (with a hdmi and dvi) i can have them both pluged in and i dont have to mess about every time i want to go on one or the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom