Virgin build. Would like it to be an orgy of opinions and advices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah man, I heard it's a pretty reliable site... The only problem I have with it is that they ship all the way from their hq in california, even for the canadian website.

Yeah I know, I ordered like $400 worth of parts last Friday. It won't be here until next Monday though.

10 days to ship.

Yeah I know, I ordered like $400 worth of parts last Friday. It won't be here until next Monday though.

10 days to ship.

Haha yeah. Imagine how much longer it'll take to ship to the Toronto area. RMA'ing stuff will be quite frustrating. I was quite tempted to cross the border to buffalo on black friday but the exchange rate for USD to CAD is 0.7:1 respectively. Veedubfreak is right, screw this pink fluffy stuff... Our currency always fluctuates it's unbelievable... A couple of months ago it was 1:1

I know the i7's are the head honcho's of teabagging but I'm building a rig for my christmas present and my parents' budget is $1500-$1800 CAD tax inc. (mind you, canadian tax totals to 15%). If I get an i7 rig, I can only get a 920 CPU, an ASUS p6t deluxe, a tri-channel ram, and a 750W PSU with my budget.

Ontario tax is down to 13% as of January 1st....conservative government has lowered it 2% now.

Also, if you buy online out of province you don't get charged the PST, so if you buy from NCIX.com then they will only charge you the 5% as of January 1st. You will have to pay S&H but compared to local prices even when you factor in the S&H it's cheaper. Buy the case locally tho.

Ontario tax is down to 13% as of January 1st....conservative government has lowered it 2% now.

Also, if you buy online out of province you don't get charged the PST, so if you buy from NCIX.com then they will only charge you the 5% as of January 1st. You will have to pay S&H but compared to local prices even when you factor in the S&H it's cheaper. Buy the case locally tho.

Worddddddd.... I did not know that at all.... That's pretty wicked actually... So does that mean I only have to pay the GST or do I have to pay BC's PST instead of Ontario's? And do you think it'll be better to wait till January to get my parts or buy it on boxing day?

At least we have one good thing coming out of the conservative government.... Aren't they trying to get rid of the government regulating the alcohol prices in ontario as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom