SSD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey peoples been a month or 3 since i got my new pc so with chrismass comming up i was thinking of getting something to go with it and the 2 things that came to mind is either a decent monitor or a solid State drive

so i'm back with questions on them

the main question is would it load games fast i.e faster load times ect, the thing i would be doing to it is adding it to my rig (in my sig) and just putting games on it, nothing else just games

well thats about it, i've just drew a blank on what i was thinking (was reading something and the other questions went) so when i finerly think the question again it will be posted (i hope)

SSD's are awesome, you'll get great speeds in terms of loading times (of Windows and games..) But usually a small spaced one will cost upwards of $200... I'd recommend RAID0 them so that you can put them together..

But I would be worth it if you hate Hard Drive thrashing in games

ok i got space in pc for 1 2.5" drive so i was thinking just either a 64GB or a 120GB

ok so the question is which of these would you pick

Solid state hard drive - Aria Technology

i havent got a set price as of yet but i would be looking at £150 or so min / max < i dont know middle of the stack there

I wouldnt pick any of those untill the prices come down. If your dead set on buying one now, more space is always better. 120g x2 in raid would be my choice

i'm in no great need of space i just want speed **** i got 2x 500GB drives in my rig so i think there good enough for stuff

i think i might pick out a few reviews on the 120gb ones and go from there

putting the gam on it, hear it has better load times ect for them if there on there

SSDs makes windows boot almost instantly. Your pc will take longer to POST. Games get a lot fast too. The other day Newegg had a deal for OCZ SSDs, $80 for 32gb models. Its over now, you shoulda been here for that you would have scored nicely. I would get two 32gb SSDs and throw them in RAID like Vern said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom