New Sys, ThinkTank

Status
Not open for further replies.

10mbit (Ethernet)
100mbit (Fast-Ethernet)
10x100mbit = 1000mbit (Gigabit Ethernet)
10/100/1000

Agex's suggest: Abit AT7-MAX2 is spec'ed with "On board 10/100Mb Operation"

The AT7-MAX2's manual not only echos this, but the mobo layout repeatedly points out the presence of only a 10/100mbit LAN setup.

...Why I had to go through the hassle of actually downloading the manuals and spec'ing the sight, to show this, I don't know... If you want to get anything done around this place you gotta yell till yer blue in the mouth... :mad: :angry: :mad:

I posted the link so that you can see the specs. It clearly states the LAN is 10/100. So I posted that a lot of companies use "Gigabit" or "Giga-Bit" as a trade mark (when referring to LAN controllers), so you wouldn't be mislead. :rolleyes:

Though I'll never admit myself flawless, I do at times admit to not having a lack of attention.

Between your (agex) post: "Found it! This motherboard is great and is packed with features. It is very stable and is built for overclocking (the northbridge even has a fan on it)..." in which you gave a board and link...

and my post: "I want gigabit LAN, and agex's board didn't have it..."

...I seem to not see any mention of the board having gigabit LAN capability (not a name, the functionality of course).

If you can show me that the "Abit AT7-MAX2" has a 10/100/1000 LAN setup, despite the site, manuals, and board specs, I'll forgive you of being an enormous twat. :D

I was trying to point out to you that many motherboards have a LAN controller labeled Gigabit despite the fact that they are 10/100. Gigiabit is also used as a trademark. I don't know if I can make that any clearer.

Now fvck off and have a bad day.

You showed me a mobo.

I said I didn't care for it because it didn't have gigabit LAN.

You then said "For your information it does have a Gigabit LAN controller!"

I'm pointing out that, no, it doesn't.

Regardless of the fact that some boards marked "gigabit" don't actually support 10x100mbit LAN, that's irrelevant to the point. You suggested a board to me, it clearly didn't have gigabit LAN so I sidelined it, and you then swore it did. I even checked the bleeding doco and board schem to make sure I hadn't missed the invisible 10/100/1000 port somewhere, on good faith. I don't care about the marketing misconceptions of the world...you gave me faulty information (either intionally or not) and then attested your information was true when in fact it was not!

This isn't an issue. The board doesn't have gigabit LAN. End of story.

Maybe I need an English-to-Twat dictionary...Let me search Google and get back to you...

:mad: CHRIST :mad:

Oh shit! No wonder I thought you were fvcking crazy!

I was looking at this, because the one I posted on the other page (AT7-MAX2) was removed from the list.

That's why I couldn't understand why you were saying it was only 10/100 when it was 10/100/1000 (NIC). I apologize. :p

The AT7-MAX2 was removed from Abit. The link still works, but it is no longer listed the Motherboard section as it has been discontinued.

I was wondering why the board was a K7 cpu board! Isent that what i said! Anyways you guys all are freakin idiots!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom