So I'm probably upgrading to i7 and I need a new WC cpu block (ASPIRE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
The title says it all. I'm more than likely going to be upgrading to an i7 920 and I will obviously need a new waterblock for it since my Apogee GTX won't fit socket 1366. I did a little bit of searching (petra's and a quick google search) petra's doesn't have a cpu block for 1366, only a mounting plate for the GTZ. Google turned up a couple things but I really don't know if they are any good. I found one DD one on frozencpu.com but it was out of stock.

Some help would be appreciated (especially aspire :))

i dont think there are any water blocks designed specifically for 1366 yet

but you can get a custom mounting bracket made for you... if you know the dimensions of the block, just draw up a plan and someone should be able to build you a fairly sturdy one... its just sheet metal and screws, really easy... as long as it holds it down firmly and evenly you'll be fine

From what I understand most people are doing what Bongwizard recommended and are retrofitting their s775 water blocks with s1366 brackets. There should be some blocks made specifically for core i7 soon enough, so it all comes down to how soon are you upgrading and are you willing to make a custom bracket.

Ya, i ordered mine last tuesday. Should be sitting in my mailbox as we speak. My i7 gear wont be here til thursday though :(

Go for either the Ek Supreme or the Apogee GTZ, both should have new mounting brackets available now or in the near future.

I got my bracket yesterday. My i7 gear should be here thursday. I'll get some pics up with the new bracket when i put it all back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom