Virgin build. Would like it to be an orgy of opinions and advices

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could buy my setup (which is really good) for alot cheaper than what you're thinking about. Then you could afford those SLI core 216s and it would make for one bad*** system.

Before even considering getting a Q9550, I'd get a i7 920. They're inarguably better than a Q9550 (and a bit cheaper), and even beat the high-end $1400 QX9770 in most benchmarks.

Only, it'll make for a more expensive mobo and RAM. Better system though.

Bottom Line, the i7 teabags ALL.

Yeah, the i7 is a benchmark leader when it comes to the art of teabagging.

I know the i7's are the head honcho's of teabagging but I'm building a rig for my christmas present and my parents' budget is $1500-$1800 CAD tax inc. (mind you, canadian tax totals to 15%). If I get an i7 rig, I can only get a 920 CPU, an ASUS p6t deluxe, a tri-channel ram, and a 750W PSU with my budget.

You could buy my setup (which is really good) for alot cheaper than what you're thinking about. Then you could afford those SLI core 216s and it would make for one bad*** system.

How much would you sell your mobo, cpu (w/wc?), and ram's?? I know you'd most likely use yer HDD's for yer i7 setup. And where are you from? I live in Ontario, The Great White North.. haha

CANADIAN MONEY?? You never told me that! Alright, wait after Christmas for the mobo, CPU, and RAM, it should be cheapper, and get the other stuff.

Yeah man, Canadian retail tax is killer. Is the mobo, cpu, and ram gonna significantly drop after christmas? (like 1st, quarter of '09?). We have a shopping holiday here on Dec. 26th called boxing day (kinda like yer black friday), and there's usually mad sales. So hopefully, I can afford an i7 setup then

Lets take this to PM

How do I PM you?? (I'm new to this forum stuff)

How do I PM you?? (I'm new to this forum stuff)

Just go into user CP, you will see it.

Oh and you shouldn't double post, write all of your replies in one post and use the edit button if you have to.

I posted a guest message since you don't have enough posts to PM yet (i think thats the reason)

You cant pm until 40 posts. Also, you say "only" the 920 like thats a bad thing. The 920 overclocks to 4ghz on air. I say hold off until after christmas and get the i7. You'll regret it if you buy into a 775 system now. Btw, i just ordered board/chip/memory for 700. But thats real money, not that pink fluffy canadian stuff :p Are you ordering off the net or is this coming from a shop?

You cant pm until 40 posts. Also, you say "only" the 920 like thats a bad thing. The 920 overclocks to 4ghz on air. I say hold off until after christmas and get the i7. You'll regret it if you buy into a 775 system now. Btw, i just ordered board/chip/memory for 700. But thats real money, not that pink fluffy canadian stuff :p Are you ordering off the net or is this coming from a shop?

Hahaha we'll see after xmas if I can actually afford an i7 rig. If so, that would be most excellent. Ughhh I hate you and the ridiculously cheap parts down south.

I dunno whether I'll order online or from a shop.... There's a tigerdirect outlet in my city (or should i say village? haha) and a couple of local computer stores... Newegg.ca is pretty cheap for most parts but I heard they still ship from Cali even for the Canadian customers?? So that would be a b*tch to rma in case some parts are damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom