Good monitor in the $200 range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Well I have about a $300 budget to do something with my computer or get a new console or just anything for Christmas. Was thinking about asking for a new LCD monitor so I can replace my 20" CRT.
Every year my aunt asks me what I want and I always just tell her something small and to keep her money but every year she ends up spending around $300 on just random stuff that I didn't really need. She actually asked me if I wanted a $400 TV but I told her to definitely not spend that much on me. So this year I think I'll actually try and figure out something that I can ask for while not being absurdly expensive.

Besides a monitor what would you guys ask for if you had a computer like mine? I don't have any next gen systems but I'm not even sure I want one (any awesome console only games?).

I don't know I'm just rambling but mostly I'm just wondering what monitor is best at around $200.

Is the Samsung worth the extra money??? I know Samsung is suppose to be very good but I've heard Acer is pretty good to.

It has better picture quality, I guess, and there's absolutely no ghosting because of the 2ms response time. That's pretty wicked. I guess you can get the Acer, but once it's not on sale, I think you should get the Samsung for $230.

Anybody have first hand experience with the Acer? Newegg reviews (yeah I know) seemed to say no ghosting but a few people said there was ghosting. Gaming is important so I don't want any ghosting.

lol, your gonna see some lag with only one 8800GT, if you can get a 4850, with the money left over, I would try to get it, because it's just as good as a 9800GTX+, and uses less power. Does you mobo have Crossfire?

No it doesn't have crossfire or sli. But isn't ghosting specific to the monitor and not so much the video card? I know I can't run games at super high settings I just don't want the image to be showing the ghosting effect.

Lenovo L222

Lenovo | L222 22" Widescreen LCD Computer Display

550480.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom