First Build Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU= $190.00 Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Motherboard= $109.00 Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

RAM= $34.00 Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Hard Drive= $70.00 Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Optical Drive= $20.00 Newegg.com - Sony NEC Optiarc Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Card Reader= $11.00 Newegg.com - LOGISYS FP521 All-in-one USB 2.0 Card Reader - Card Readers

Video Card= $55.00 Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100236L Radeon HD 3650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Case= $50.00 Xoxide Alien-X Case

Light: $5.00 Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer CLK12BL 12" Cold Cathode kit - Case Accessories

Power Supply= $45.00 Newegg.com - Rosewill RP500-2 500W ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Operating System= $90.00 Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP3 English for System Builders 1 Pack CD - Operating Systems

Fans= $20.00 Newegg.com - Thermaltake A1910 80mm Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans
Newegg.com - Thermaltake A2018 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans

it wont be as good as the one you have made up in your list. in a pre-built computer, the parts will usually be of inferior quality and you wont have as many options in the bios. but, building is not for everyone.

it wont be as good as the one you have made up in your list. in a pre-built computer, the parts will usually be of inferior quality and you wont have as many options in the bios. but, building is not for everyone.

I really do want to build one but I'm only 14 so I don't get to much money so if something happens to one of the parts I'm screwed.

Maybe I will still build a computer...I think it would be really fun and I think it would be useful to know how to do.

I promised my mom that if I do build a computer (which I probably will) I'll try and get the over all price down to $650 which won't be hard.

Which NVIDIA video card would you guys recommend? It doesn't have to be great because I was going to just put a video card in and when I get more money I'll buy a better video card.

If I don't build a computer this is the one I was going to get:

Newegg.com - HP Pavilion A6530F(KQ496AA) Phenom X3 8450(2.1GHz) 4GB DDR2 640GB NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

This wouldn't be as good as the one I was going to build though because it's only a triple core processor.

I don't want a pre-built anymore.

Can someone answer my question in my last post please?

What size monitor do you have and what games do you play?

I understand that your afraid your first build may not work out. Or that maybe there will be a few parts here and there that will be dead on arrival. But its the same with everything in life.

Also like Nagasama stated you can RMA.

I don't have a monitor yet but I'll be getting this one soon.

I haven't ever played games on a computer but when I build mine I'll play games like Halo.

I went to the RMA website and I don't really get what they do.

Go with one of these.

Newegg.com - 4ms-5ms, Yes, 19", LCD Monitors, Monitors, Computer Hardware

19" wide screens. That 17" normal LCD is about half the width of my 22" wide screen. Trust me go wide screen, you won't regret it.

As far as RMA is concerned, I remember going online talking with a newegg employee, and they gave me like a RMA # that I was supposed to tape onto my Micro-ATX PSU.

You will probably have to pay to ship the product back to newegg. But they will most likely pay for to ship back functioning hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom