Output to TV problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

In Runtime
I know quite a few of you guys have this, and I've been having some trouble with it. I use a video cable from my NVidia 8600gt to output to my Toshiba TV. The NVidia control panel shows the TV, and whatever changes I make (Contrast, brightness, etc) show on the TV. When I right click a movie and select "Play on my - TV" it plays the movie on my moniter, and not my TV.

I know it's not a connection problem, and I updated my drivers. Any tips?

The cable looks like This

I also have one that looks like This

Which should I use?

When I use the second one, I get no picture, just gray on the TV (and instead of saying "Play on my - TV" it says "Play on my - HDTV".

Edit: Fixed! I had it running dual moniter, needed clone.

The only problem I have now, is in the lower right of the TV screen, it's tinted kind of purple. What causes this? (It's not normally like this)

I take it you are using a standard def tv. The red/green/blue is HD and it won't work for you. If your card has an S-Video cable it would look a lot better. Are you sure you don't have a speaker to close to the tv? That could be causing the purple area. If so you need to move the speaker asap.

Yup, I had it sitting on top of a stack. Would that actually hurt the TV, or just mess with it while it's there?

And thanks.

Yes it can damage the TV and make it stay that way, best not to keep powerful magnets close to CRT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom