Sager Notebook Battery Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
My problem with my Sager NP5760-V notebook began when it would not power on and even when I would connect the battery charger there would be no sign of the laptop being charged or having any sort of power.

I was pretty unsure of the problem but, my mom (not my usual Tech-Support) said that her Dell laptop was experiencing the same problem and she said that a replacement battery solved her problem.

I tried to fill out a call back request at Sager's support website but the hyperlink to fill out a form gives me a Page Load Error over and over so I decided to put a post up here for any insight.

Would buying a new battery most likely solve my problem?

Does the power block get hot when you plug it in?

Can you power the laptop with the battery out and ac power only??

Does the power block get hot when you plug it in?

Can you power the laptop with the battery out and ac power only??

I have not noticed (my laptop is at home, i'm at school currently, but i was working on it last week) whether or not the power block warms when I plug it in but I do know that taking the battery out and plugging in the charger doesn't provide any response.

Usually, there will be a small plug icon on the front panel screen (where it shows the time) telling me that the battery is charging but, that is not there when the battery is in and I'm trying to charge it.

I feel that my only two options to troubleshoot this are to buy a new battery, charger, or both but I want to confirm that I have done everything that I can before I plunk down $100+.

Thanks!

The laptop is supposed to power on without the battery in and connected to the wall...im pretty sure the power adapter is dead.

Thanks, but do you think the battery is dead as well? Will a Dell or Sony AC charger work so I can confirm mine is dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom