Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbinnerarity

Baseband Member
Simple question. I have enough loud stuff in my room right now and a super loud computer wouldnt help. The case I've chosen isnt very loud and has good circulation but want to buy an extra one just incase. Are there any really quite fans out there that actually work decent.

Just look for the highest cfm with the lowest db rating then post here and we will tell you if there decent or not. This site may be easier as it limits your choice more then newegg then just try and find the best deal available in your country once you have chosen.

KustomPCs - HTPC, Gaming, CarPC, Cooling and Modding Products in the UK !

I use a noctua 120mm on cpu and an input of 2 120mm delta focus flow fans (only quiet if you have a very good fan controller they normally burn out most fan controllers) 4 papst 120mm are my output and internal airflow plus a 138mm on my psu which is temp controlled. My pc is pretty much silent except when playing a game then the gfx card fans ruin it and I have to crank up the input delta focus flows and turn my case into a hovercraft lol

I have scythe s-flex 1600rpm, very quiet and move 60cfm. If you want to move tons of air like 90cfm w/ 18dba I'd recommend silentx

I have scythe s-flex 1600rpm, very quiet and move 60cfm. If you want to move tons of air like 90cfm w/ 18dba I'd recommend silentx

1. It's SilenX

and

2. For the love of god no, they are the most overrated fans in the history of... fan making. They do not push 90 cfm and what they do push is not at 18dba...

Buy some Yate Loons from Petra's Tech Shop for the price of one silenx you get 4 yate loons...

thanks for correcting me. I'm lost w/out you. I should proof read my post next time

Haha, just don't want anyone going out and buying those fans because they really are terrible.

Guy on XS recently found this out himself and lost $60 bucks because of it.

If they are mounted vertical, go with yate loons, if horizontal, scythe s-flex. I run 7 yates and 3 scythes in my case and i'd say in total its maybe around 35db which is only slightly above ambient noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom