WMP 9 shows up messed up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

onimega

Solid State Member
My Windows Media Player (WMP 9) starts up all messed up when I try to view streaming video (screenshot below). I have tried reinstalling it, uninstalling than installing fresh again, changing my screen resolution, screen colour depth, updating video card drivers, still shows up messed up. My video card is a nVidia Geforce 4 MX (integrated gpu, yuck.. i know). Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• wmp problem.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 19
maybe its not a good version, try downlading another...it isnt a graphics card problem

my WMP9 looks very different, yours looks like some advertisement or something, or is it a skin?

My wmp9 is version 9.00.00.2980

That screenshot of my wmp was when I was trying to watch a music video through launch.com the player shows up messed up and because of that I can't play the video.

what internet browser were are you using when running Launch?

And to double what major asked, does it still do it from regular video from the HD?

Also you mentioned "starts out messed up" but does it not work the whole video?

or just in the beginning?

He's streaming a vid from that website, and the WMP9 integration module is either incompatible with his browser, or is corrupted. WMP9 is, logically, designed for IE. If you're not using IE, that could be your problem. Second, downloading a new copy and reinstalling (shouldn't have to uninstall first) should fix your problem.

Two other things. One, this isn't a video card problem, as it appears everything else in the 2D render is okay. WMP is just a GUI collection of images, nothing more.

Second, is this the first time you've tried WMP9 on your machine? How old is your machine? Have you upgraded your browser/OS lately? If this is the first time you've used WMP9, you may find that the new capabilities are too much for older systems. Update your DirectX. I doubt this is an age issue though.

I used Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106). This isn't the first time I've used WMP9 on my computer. I bought my computer in May 2004. I just update my directx to version 9.0c and yes, I am streaming the video from the website.

Also, I have downloaded a new copy and reinstalled wmp, it didnt work. =S

Playing regular video from my HD works perfectly.

Check if it's the site. Go to another site where you can stream videos from (like movietickets.com or something) and try it out. If it works right elsewhere, then it's the site. The owner's got the integration wrong.

Ok, I tried streaming videos from hollywood.com and it didn't work, but I tried streaming videos from atomfilms.com and it did work.

What does that mean? =S I mean does it mean that hollywood.com and launch.com have an integration problem? If so, why does it seem as if I'm the only one having a problem like this with them? hehe, I'll stop asking questions for now and wait for an answer to these first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom