9600XT or 5700 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
aah, something sounds rong here...

i know most of the FX series was crap compaired to ATI, but...

wasnt the 5700ultra one of the exceptions, cause it used something like DDR3 and higher clock speeds then its ati couterpart.

arnt a lot of u kinda acting like ATI fanboyz, if those 2 cards are the same price, i would lean tward the 5700u(nvidias dirver support is better) Note- 5700u also beat the 9600xt in almost all of those benchmarks.

Yeah, because most of those games are made for nVidia cards, i believe.

I have a 9800 Pro with "256-bit" of 128mb memory, a pretty good card for an extra $30-$40. But my cpu bottlenecks it.

well if game companies are making their shit for nvidia...then take that as a hint..... xbox2 for WHATEVER freaking reason is gonna use ATI =/ damn losers

the 5700Ultra was the last card in the FX series, its not meant to be the best in the series, it was made after all the other ones, so they fixed the problems that the earlier FX cards had, the 5700Ultra has 256Mb DDR2 and its a very good card, ive never owned a 9600XT but that is a very good card too, but i would still go with the 5700Ultra because of better driver support, and it is a slightly better card in my opinion.

one of my friends has one:

Asus A7N8X E-Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP3200+
2x512Mb DDR400, Kingston value ram
Fx5700Ultra

he can run farcry on the highest detail @ 1280x1024 and he never gets lower than 40 FPS. :D

Nubius said:
well if game companies are making their shit for nvidia...then take that as a hint..... xbox2 for WHATEVER freaking reason is gonna use ATI =/ damn losers

Well, not like you can even upgrade the gpu. Besides, they sacrifice image quality for the best performance in console. I see a P4 being used in this one.

Raekwon, that is quite amazing. I experienced lag with my 3200+ and 9800 Pro... although it could be my cheap DDR memory.

It's because nVidia is Amercian - No matter how much better ATi is, American companies are going to stick with American graphics. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom