Should i be able to play Counter Strike Source with no FPS lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami. Smith

Baseband Member
My system requirements are:

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
- 2.40 GHz Performance Rated at 4.68 GHz

Ram - 2.7 GB

OS - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)

Video card - NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i (GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i)
Video RAM - 256 MB

DirectX - version 10.0

22" LG Monitor

I Play CSS at the highest of 25 FPS on dedust2, shouldn't i be able to play with alot more FPS as i get alot of FPS lag....(I have a good connection 20mg-download 750kb-upload)

The Geforce 7100 isn't that strong of a GPU...

and since you are running at 1680x1050.. I don't see the possibility of maxing it out...

Buy a GPU for your card (even a 7600GT would be sufficient for that game)

Yea thanks guys well basically i put another monitor in which has the resolution of 1280 x 960 and i changed it on css and i get like 30-45 fps its ALOT smoother just like i used to play but i would like to use the larger monitor if possible and i also might buy a top end graphics card so i can purchase crysis and other games, however the graphics card in this has a hdmi port which i am using on my 32" samsung tv and i play movies on that and the pc has a blu-ray player so i use it as my blu-ray player so i was wondering whether the port is seperate or if there is a way round it so i can keep the hdmi port with another graphics card and if its possible someone tell me a good graphics card and if its worth me getting...

sorry about the amount of questions i am just getting used to all this:) .

is there any chance you could name some of the best top cards and in that case would i be able to have 3 monitors on....

Top cards for the best prices ....:p please

You could run a low spec config file like casey's cal approved config and that would greatly improve the performance.

Code:
// Casey's Config v2 (CAL compliant) 
// Updated for new season by CAL|Stone 
// Updated 01/23/07 - Added misc settings section

//_Set Netcode vars_
cl_cmdrate "101"
cl_interp "0.01"
cl_interpolate "1"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "0"        // Disables lagcompensation error checking, only needed if you're having any registration/loss/choke problems. 
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_smooth "1"
cl_updaterate "101"
rate "25000"

//_Set MP vars_
mp_decals "0"            // How many player sprays will be shown.

//_Set Client vars_
cl_drawmonitors "0"        // Disables the rendering of ingame "monitors" which contain 3d rendered images.
cl_ejectbrass "0"            // Disables brass ejection
cl_forcepreload "1"            // Forces the game to load all texture and model information into memory on map load.
cl_phys_props_enable "1"        // Enables phsyics props.
cl_phys_props_max "50"        // Maximum amount of physics props allowed.
cl_ragdoll_physics_enable "0"    // Disables ragdoll.
cl_restrict_server_commands "0"    // Compatible/needed with serverplugins
cl_show_splashes "0"        // Disables water splashes.

//_Set Render vars_
r_3dsky "0"            // Disables the rendering of 3d sky boxes.
r_decal_cullsize "9999"        // Any decals under this size are not rendered.
r_decals "0"            // Disables decals.
r_drawbatchdecals "1"        // Enables the rendering of decals in batch.
r_drawdetailprops "1"        // Enables the rendering of detail props.
r_drawflecks "0"            // Disables the sparks and dirt from bullet impacts.
r_drawmodeldecals "0"        // Models decals (i.e. blood).
r_eyes "0"            // Disables eyes in models.
r_lod "-1"                // Different level of details on models. -1 = Variable at distance. 0 = None. 1 = Minor. 2 = Less minor.
r_modellodscale "1.0"        // The transitioning power of LOD.
r_occlusion "0"            // Enables the Model Occlusion system.
r_propsmaxdist "100"        // Max distance at which props are rendered.
r_renderoverlayfragment "0"
r_rootlod "2"            // Base lod of the model in the memory.
r_shadowmaxrendered "32"        // Max shadows the game will render.
r_shadowrendertotexture "1"        // Rendered the shadow texture causing it to match the player model.
r_shadows "1"            // Enables shadows (Change be disabled for additional performance.)
r_teeth "0"            // Disables teeth in models.
r_waterdrawreflection "0"        // Disables the rendering of water reflections.
r_waterforceexpensive "0"        // Forces cheap water.
gl_clear "1"
props_break_max_pieces "0"    // Disables prop fragmenting

//_Set Materials vars_
mat_antialias "0"            // Disables the use of multisampling to smooth out edges.
mat_bumpmap "0"            // Disables bump mapping.
mat_clipz "0"            // Disables optimized Z-Buffer rendering.
mat_compressedtextures "1"    // Disables texture compression. Users with low amounts of system memory should turn this on.
mat_disable_bloom "1"        // Disables bloom effects.
mat_hdr_enabled "0"        // Disables HDR.
mat_hdr_level "0"            // Double Disables HDR.
mat_mipmaptextures "1"        // Enables the use of mipmapping to make textures look smooth.
mat_monitorgamma "1.6"        // Lower the number the brighter the screen. Only works in fullscreen.
mat_picmip "2"            // Changes the resolutions of textures when they're loaded into memory. May improve FPS on graphics cards with low memory sizes.
mat_reducefillrate "1"        // Reduces the fillrate when the game is run in DXLevel 8.
mat_specular "0"            // Disables Specularity on objects.
mat_trilinear "0"            // Disables the use of Trilinear mipmapping.
mat_wateroverlaysize "8"        // Sets the resolution of water distortion. Must be multiple of 8.

//_Set Violence vars_
violence_ablood "1"
violence_agibs "1"
violence_hblood "1"
violence_hgibs "1"

//_Set HUD vars_
hud_centerid "1"            // Centers player IDs
net_graph "3"            // Enables net_graph (Required in SS round) 
net_graphpos "2"            // Adjusts netgraph position-set between 1 and 3. 

//_Set Misc settings_
cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"        // Disables annoying pub sound downloads
fps_max "101"             // Caps framerate. Set to max monitor refresh rate + 1.
jpeg_quality "100"            // High quality screenshots

clear
echo _Casey's Config v2 (CAL compliant) loaded_

Open Notepad and copy the above code into it. Click Save as and be sure to select all files in the file type box. and call it autoexec.cfg . Place it in your game file shuold be something like this c:/program files/steam/steamapps/username/counterstrike/cstrike
That will make the world of difference.

So i should just put all that in the csstrike area as a notepad file with that name do i not put it in another folder... sorry i have tried this before but it didnt work.

open the cstrike folder and you should see the stock config files. you just need to drag your file into that folder. Yours when down should look the same. accept the name of course. Most people make mistakes when saving the file and that causes them not to work. You need to make sure the file type is set to all files not .txt. when done properly the .cfg is not visible when you view the file on your desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom