Looking for advice for a first time build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm.. Maybe get the newest GPU later, and put the old GPU in a diff mobo? I think most people would do that if they have two computers. Or maybe just build a new rig.

Oh yeah, I forgot Nos benchmarks. >.< Why do people compete to get higher numbers? Might as well play the game, and kill eachother to the last man standing.

because benchmarking is a different kind a game... a different kind of skill... requiring you to know how to work with hardware, and understand how to work through a bios, and know what requirements are needed to cool a cpu a certain extent to get to a certain point

Benchmarks are to trim down the herd. To see what hardware reigns supreme and what hardware just plain suck. Its a game in itself.

Basically its to test what hard ware is capable of. Since most games (except for Crysis) don't really tax video cards or CPU's much.

Whoa, a lot of replies while I was out today :D Thanks for all the advice, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want now except for the motherboard. Still a bit iffy on that. The only board recommended was one of the boards I remembered had video corruption bugs while playing videos/gaming (did they ever release a BIOS that fixed that?). Anything decent in the $100-125 range compatible with what has been suggested would be awesome - and I think I'd prefer to go with just the one GPU slot unless there's a really good SLI motherboard for a similar price. Thanks again :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom