HP Pavilion dv2911us - FPS Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXx-Tricky-xXx

In Runtime
Hey, I have had this laptop for a few months now mostly for school but I thought it would be nice to try using it for a few games to lan with a buddy sometime and I figured it wouldnt have a huge problem playing CSS if I have it set on the lowest settings but I was wrong. I havent tried any other games yet other than WoW a while back that really was unplayable too... but something isnt right. I am getting worse framerate than I did on my old 10 year old emachine that I used to lan for unreal tournament 99. I disabled the dmw.exe since I heard it can lower your framerate but it didnt do a thing and even if I am alone in a counterstrike source map its under 5-10 frames per second and if I try playing with just one person as soon as they shoot the framerate just basically drops to 0. I did a stress test and it said it averaged around 22 frames per second I think.

Here is the pc specs:

HP Pavilion dv2911us Notebook PC -  Product Specifications 

I just figured I could play css with the lowest settings but turns out it cant even handle a game period but I read other people with the dv2000 models could play games just fine on medium or low. If anyone might have any idea what I could do to improve or fix whatever may be wrong then I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

yeah, AA is disabled, I installed the latest driver for the x3100 gma series and have the latest direct x 10. i actually managed to get another 10-15 fps higher on the stress test but it still is just about as bad when theres players in the game. I dont expect a whole lot but I thought that with atleast 3 gigs of ram, a decent 1.8ghz dual core cpu that it would atleast allow me to play with lowest settings even tho the gfx card sucks. I mean the recommended settings in game when I change all has a * on the high settings even tho I still set it to the lowest.

bleh, further research shows that even the dv2000 model has better graphics than your model
marketing ftw :p

googling x3100 and counter strike gives me mixed results
some says it runs fine, some says no way

I don't know anything else, sorry =\
did you also turn battery settings to max performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom