Q6600 VS Q9300 (Who wins?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
I am already planning in my next build and I absolutely cannot go with those new motherboards simply because it is too expensive.

Now I need suggestions with the processor, I usually go with Q6600, but saw the Q9300 at around the same price, my question is which one is really better?

I see Q6600 with more cache, and almost the same frequency.

Also, as for a budget graphics card, will the 4850 still the best right now?

Thanks

I say neither.. both fail in their own way now..

Q9300- its 45nm and faster clock per clock, however its got a really low multiplier and won't clock as well as a result..

q6600- its 65nm, slower clock per clock to the q9300 (or any Yorkfield), but you showed us this issue a while back.... they have crappy batches now that can't overclock for crap, and require pumping of high voltages to go high...

Do yourself a favor and get an e8400 or e8500

Core 2 duo is not an option.....

I have to get a Quad one, they get way better sales... People don't know they are slower, they just want to show off their friends they got a Quad processor, and as for performance they dont even notice it.

So this is to fool n00bs?

I want no part of this then

What sounds more taunting to someone who looks for something that sounds taunting?

"I have the Q9300 Intel Quad Core"
or
"I have the AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition"

:eek:
I will never stop questioning this.
Someone wants something that sounds better, but truely isn't. :freak:

Good luck.
Just my input.
Your not going to get much support on what sounds better. Thats just ridiculous.

if you get a decent mobo, the q9300 will win for sure (because the newer q6600s having terrible VIDs)... it runs way cooler and is more efficient... i've achieved 3.75GHz stable (thats a massive 500 FSB) on my rig but usually run it at 3.6GHz

of course, if you can get an older batch q6600 through ebay or something then that would be the way to go... just make sure you've got nice cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom