*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

That's not good enough for me. AMD needs to compete with current gen Intel chips. Who cares if it has as good price/ performance as a Q9550 if a core i7 920 cost the same and is much faster? AMD is only a logical option if you are upgrading from an AM2+ board. But then again if the mobo companies did what they have in the past then I wouldn't be surprised if they don't update the BIOS to support Deneb.

lets just hope that isnt how it goes.. because even us intel owners need amd to progress so we can have our cpu's go down in price

agreed with you though... we've rode on the core 2 architecture for a while now... its time to move on.... amd needs to do the same.. but nope, they're still stuck on a phenom revision...

why are you even considering amd??? im not sure about the deneb chips but im surey ou could build somethign faster for the same money right now with out havign to wait.

Because his/Apok/Rican's hate is so much that we aren't willing to give Intel a dime, risking AMD's possible downfall (kind of mine.. but I'll still recommend Intel)

I am hopeful for fusion, it looks like a really cool idea. But I have given up on Phenom.
AMD needs to get their act together. They were able to keep up with Intel for so long. Why they cant do it now I don't know. But we are in a recession so they really have to work hard or they will go under. now is not the time to slack off.

no joke... intel is not gonna drop the ball again i promise you that... now with how creamed they were buy the athlon 64....

amd is gonna have a hard run staying in this game with intel dropping so many phenominal cpu's... and even more coming in the future

For the record I don't buy Intel because I can't afford it. But because I don't want to support them. Not because of their business practices, but because of the companies funding to a cause I don't wish to mention.

Its not scare tactics Nos. They have a role in aiding a cause I do not wish to support. But to keep things politically correct. I will just state that I don't like Intel because they use the color blue.

Seriously.. like why not? I m the consumer, I could buy AMD just because the word Intel sounds too complex.

Back
Top Bottom