AMD Processor questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
What is the difference between Athlon's Brisbane and Windsor? The difference between Phenom's X3 and the Black Edition?

Any help would be great, thanks!

Have you read your link
Support for Socket AM2+ / AM2 processors: AMD Phenomâ„¢ FX / Phenom / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core / Athlon X2 Dual-Core / Athlon 64 / Sempron processor
If you don't know what processors are in each family use wikipedia it has lists

What is the difference between Athlon's Brisbane and Windsor? The difference between Phenom's X3 and the Black Edition?

Any help would be great, thanks!

brisbane is 65nm, windsor is 90nm. windsor runs hotter than brisbanes. also teh x3 is a tri-core, or a phenom with 1 core disabled. and the black edition has an unlocked multiplier which just helps when you're overclocking.

brisbane is 65nm, windsor is 90nm. windsor runs hotter than brisbanes. also teh x3 is a tri-core, or a phenom with 1 core disabled. and the black edition has an unlocked multiplier which just helps when you're overclocking.

You forgot one thing and this is perfect ;)

Most Windsor's (newer ones are 1mbx2 cache) older ones like my X2 4600+ is 512kbx2 cache and all Brisbanes are 512mbx2

I am not looking to overclock, I am a simpleton at best when it comes to computer tech! I am looking for a inexpensive way to do some good gaming, multimedia, graphic design, etc. Would I be better off with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ a 2.6GHz (Brisbane), or is there a big quality difference and worth the extra cash to buy the AMD Phenom X3 8650 2.3GHz ? Or with propper cooling the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ a 3.2GHz (Windsor) ?

Just get a Phenom Quad Core. Get the 9850 or 9950 and they should be able to handle all that you've stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom