Is my computer falling apart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzy2517

Beta member
So about a month ago I had my hard drive replaced, bc comp. guy said it had ran out. The problem that had led to that replacement was due to my computer refusing to load. It started with a week of my computer kicking me off internet explorer after every 30 mins of being on it. Then one day after all that it decided to not upload anymore. Whenever I turned the computer on I would get first black screen that asked to select operating systems, after I did it told me there was a hardware/software problem. It told me to restart using safe mode and a million other options, none worked. So comp guy replaced harddrive and that fixed problem. Since then the comp was running like new, until i tried plugging my ipod and camera onto comp. As soon i pluged in the ipod or computer to my computer it restarts the comp and refuses to load up as long as either the ipod or camera are connected. It takes me back to the problem I had before harddrive was replaced, doesn't let my comp load to desktop and stays on those first 2 black screens. As soon as i unplug the items , it goes back to normal and comp functions just fine. What can possibly be going on? Ive tried pluging the items through back and front ports and it does the same thing. Help please!

well if it dose that when you have the ipod coneted it might be the ipod try coneting the ipod up to another computer. very doutfull scanerio but you never know

Driver conflict with the USB ports? Have you tried using a USB drive or something else that requires a USB connection?

Really sounds as if there is a driver / resource conflict w/ the USB devices and the OS. Try reinstalling ITunes and any software you use for your camera. Then try reinstalling the USB drivers.

I reinstalled itunes and camera software.

My mouse and keyboard both require USB connection, so I plugged both mouse and keyboard to USB port where I had tried plugging my ipod and camera in and both keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine.

I also looked up the device manager to see everything was ok and it said everything was functioning right. I also ran Windows test and PC-Doctor test that came in my Gateway packers, and all test pass saying everything is fine.

Don't use the tools that come with the prebuilt computers. They don't work. What model of Gateway is it? If you have the serial number of your computer that would help the most since the Gateway site goes by them.

Its a 300S. I got it back in 2003. I went to the Gatewat website and typed in the seriel number for all the downloads that it corresponds to it.

theres a program called tuneup utilities 2008 that might help. it checks registry and systems making sure everythings how it should be. thats all i can offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom