Thinking about switching

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a q6600 to a E8400 or E8500.

I heard they are just better all around, I went on a friends system and it runs better then my q6600, and he has a e8400.

Rendering, video playback, and such, I noticed a increase in how fast it was compared to the q6600.

Whats everyones thoughts? And suggestions?

Rendering!? What kind of rendering do you mean? Any kind of graphics rendering will be much faster on a Q6600 because it will utilize all the cores. There is no way an E8400 will out perform a Q6600 in things like rendering and encoding which are multi-threaded.

Because the current Q6600's have high VCores and are outperformed by Phenoms.
not when its at 3.6ghz.

you prob just have alot of programs starting up and the like, install a clean windows if you can be bothered or just use msconfig to alter your unneeded services and startup programs. at 2.8ghz his comp will perform a bit better since the wolfdales are faster per clock but as meat helmet said, your computer will kill in rendering and video playback and the like. its not worth upgrading.

Here is some benches.
4850 Is at stock clocks and so is the ram, my new RAM will arrive Wednesday.
The q6600 is at 2.8, but runs at around 48C Max, just browsing the internet.
I am on a 24" monitor.
I am on 32Bit Windows XP Pro.

Not sure whats to hot and what isn't.
Any suggestions?
Does that seem right as far as benching goes?

q6600's come in crappy high VID batches that can't go much past 3.0ghz anymore and overclock as bad, or worse than the average Phenom

3.0GHz is still pretty good, though. Anyways, it would stay a lot cooler than OCing higher than you need to.

Not when you have to pump a lot of voltage to get there..

I think you have viruses or something a lot of people come in here get good rigs, complain about bad speeds and its usually a virus or corrupted Windows files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom