3.4ghz on e2180

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
ok so I got 3.1 stable from what I can tell. I will test 3.2 more. right now I have 388X8 which is running pretty **** good. Do you guys think I could make it to 3.4 and keep it. My pc does a excellent job of cooling.

Side note I was also wondering if there are good system fan software controllers out there. Because I have two fans I do not hook up just because they scream.

zalman makes a pretty good controller. it looks nice too. thermaltake has one that is functional, but it looks rather cheap.
there's only one way to find out if your chip will do it. try it.

Most e2180 owners say that it caps at around 3.3ghz...

You could try though....

You may be able to get 3.4ghz but it may take allot of voltage. Most of them seem to hit a wall around 3.3-3.5ghz where it takes allot of voltage to get even minor clock increases. I was able to get 3.4ghz (340x10) at 1.505v and it was stable enough for a superpi run but probably not much else.

yep, that is what I am finding, I think I am going to get a super pi run (just got 19 sec at 3.2) on 3.4 then call it good.

Mine will do 3.1ghz on near stock voltage then require a ton more for each .1 increase. However I do believe I got it to boot at 3.4ghz, it ran to hot with my cheapo cooler though so I never tested it.

yeah I do, image shack won't let me create a account. I am using a xigamatek or whatever that brand is called. It is not the one that competes with the true but its still pretty decent. As far as temps are concerned I could push the cpu harder, I just feel like putting more then 1.55 through it. O and naga I have the zalman controller. Its just all the hookups are the really small motherboard hookups and not the molex needed for the 120mm and 80mm fans. Also where should I order cord extensions for the system fans because two of the ones if I hook up straight to the motherboard just scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom