The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well for 3.8ghz i left load line calibration on, and through bios it was 1.42ish volts, and during the runs was around 1.38v

qpi i had running pretty darn high cuz i wanted to keep that out as it being a factor for not letting me boot... i had that at 1.5v

oh and hey, that clock skew was in the options and i thought of you!!!! lol... what would i wanna set that at??

back onto qpi... i'm still learning alot about it... and what its limits are, and what kind of voltages i need... i had it running low as possible (38x) in order to leave it out as a limiting factor

downloading titan quest with the expansion!!! woot for it only being 9.99!!! couldnt say no... i've always wanted that game.... looks like mad fun

but next on my list of things to do is to get windows vista x64 and start playing bioshock and crysis warhead again

rofl! clock skew ftw! seriously, if you wanna keep LLC on, clock skew could become your best friend... even if you dont, at high QPI speeds and voltages, you'll get jitter in the differential amplifier circuit (which LLC has been known to cause at load)... you can beat this jitter by adding a bit of skew to offset the clock's cycling slightly... im not 100% sure what options are in that BIOS for skew (do you have only CPU skew, or is there others? something MCH by chance?), but i believe that the skews are controlled in increments of 50ps... just try adding 50ps to the components that are running really overspec

im not really sure about QPI's limits and how to push them either... im gonna read around and try and get a feel for the actual workings of it tonight and see what i can come up with

ya i'm getting a good understanding just from real playing of qpi.. lol

and ya there was cpu and mch skew... i'm sure it shares alot of the same features as your mobo.. seeing as we're both gigabyte :p

mch skew is whats gonna help you here, QPI being like FSB as it is... it'll put a bit offset on the QPI and that should help stabilise it at higher voltages and clocks...really, you might wanna drop that QPI voltage a bit, cuz if you go too high with it you could have issues too... for CSIs you have to increase the speed relatively proportional to the voltage...

so try the QPI at 1.4-1.45V and put 50-100ps on the MCH skew and you should have some more stability... also, try the vcore as low as you can get it... some people have got this chip to boot up a 4GHz with less than 1.3V... with this kinda architecture, that 0.8-1.2V should help you temps out alot

Tonite is a night is massive review and overclocking!!!

and testing difference between gtx 260 core 192 and gtx 260 core 216!!!!

so for all you folks wondering which is better for your needs.. today is your lucky day to find out if the extra 50-70 dollars will be worth it to you!!!

on tonites test bed we see:

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.0 Ghz
Gpu: EVGA GTX 260 Core 192 @ 600/999 (shaders wil be directly linked) & EGA GTX core 216 600/999 (Shaders Linked)
Ram: G. Skill 3x1 GB DDR3 1600

Games that will be used for the testing:
3dmark06
Counter strike source
Titans Quest
Fear Perseus Mandate
Crysis 1.2 played on windows xp high, along with a windows xp modded very high (file link will be placed for you users use)
fallout 3
grid

all tests will be done on 1920x1080 and 1680x1050

if there are any game requests... let me know! i might be out in the field for a new game soon

ya thats a source based game... though i do want to buy it... but if i were to buy anything... i think dead space or brothers in arms hells highway comes in mind

oh! you have it?!?! on a scale of 1-10.. what do you give it?!? how are the graphics!! do they deliver to what they said it was gonna be!

i saw the box at best buy yesterday and nearly freaked out cuz i had no idea it was out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom