Compaq Presario 5306US beeps at start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverickcruise

Beta member
Ok guys here's the scoop. I know a little about computers, the hardware side atleast. So i got a deal on this notebook for 100 bucks. Atleast I thought it was a deal until i started to run it and noticed it had basically no hardware at all, just motherboard, cpu, lcd screen.

Therefore, i replaced memory, hdd, battery, ac adapter, wireless card, cd-rom drive. After replacing all this hardware i powered up the notebook but nothing happened. After rechecking hardware and seeing all was well i checked out the motherboard and noticed a few components damaged on it. I replaced the motherboard with a tested used one and put the notebook back together and now i'm at this point where I get the 4 short beeps when i power up. There's no video.

I did not change the cpu. Its the same one that was originally in the notebook that i'm currently using. The original memory was DDR PC2700 333MHz. However, The memory I installed is DDR pc3200 400 MHz. I don't know if this makes a difference. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Check the MB manf. website to see what the beeps stand for. If they stand for no video, you may need to replace the LCD screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom